Letter to Obama from 4th Grade Teacher

Reaction score
We shall see. I see a real noisy minority. I congratulate you on that. If the dems could get united like that Bush wouldn't even be a talking point and the USA would be 8 years further along the path to clean sustainable energy. There would be a lot more Iraqis still alive, a lot less American casualties of the war. Heck the twin towers might even still be standing. The economy would be in better shape with a much lower deficit. But Carl Rove is a Republican. So we just have to clean up the best we can. As disorganized as the dems are it's amazing
they get anything done. They all have a different agenda.

By the way I never said that just because you don't like Obama you are a racist. Those are your words. I did say that there is a very small percentage that are indeed still racist. You can tell some of them by the white robes with the pointy white hats.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hey I am in the South and they KKK isn't out in full force running around trying to nail Obama either..LOL-LOL

Racist are everywhere big time. So many say --oh I am not racist ---when referring to people of color and trashing their beliefs and such---but MANY ARE!! They just won't admit it. Who would? This is not directed at anyone!! Just stating a general statement.

Obama has alot to prove and has time to try. Lets just see what happens cause he was voted in by the majority and now it is his time to show what he can do. We truly can do nothing but wait.....but one thing I know.....politics doesn't take well to change!! So change will come very small, very slow, and very painful!

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Big Daddy said:
snip

By the way I never said that just because you don't like Obama you are a racist. Those are your words. I did say that there is a very small percentage that are indeed still racist. You can tell some of them by the white robes with the pointy white hats.
No, they are not my words, they are yours. From post #147:

Big Daddy said:
I think there is a little under the radar racism. In a small percentage of people though. <snip>
The race card needs to be put away. It's as bad as constantly trotting out Bush. He's gone, Obama is black and has been elected President, the race thing is over, and Bush haters do more to pull this country down than he ever thought of doing.

Reaction score
I wrote there is some under the radar racism in a small percentage of people. Just as I stated. Thank you for the verification.

You can't just put away racism. It is an ugly part of our society. Right there with child molesters and rapists. minimizing it doesn't make it go away. As for Bush. Sorry, he's part of our history too. He's responsible for a lot of things we are currently enduring. Sorry, you've had Obama for 8 months. We had Bush for 8 years.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
you're right big daddy
you can't "just put away" racism. it is built into us. we as people must find differences with others and try to be superior. it is natural and literally has come from nature. to be superior means your species will survive. while we are all the same species, it then breaks down to color or gender differences, etc. we try to overcome and reason with ourselves that is not the right way....it is still in us. (not all, a few can truly maybe put it aside but most can't)

Just google racism is natural and you hit tons of evidence that shows it is inherent in all species...from birds to mammals. Imprinting from birth, tribal to be with your own kind, etc. etc.

I don't fool myself and say I am not racist to some small degree....I honestly think MOST of us are...and I mean everyone on the planet to some degree.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
There's a difference between racism and the herding instinct we have, to be and live within our own little groups - call it tribalism, if you will. Overt racism as defined is something some people take to heart, then there are people like me, who truly doesn't care what color you are. I'm 'racist' against one type of person, they are a word I can't use here, it really isn't nice, but they come in all colors, creeds, and economic levels. So no, I do not accept that I am 'racist', as defined by society today. Act like an 'idiot' for lack of a more vulgar word, and yes, I am definitely prejudiced against you.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
There is a difference from racism to predjudice.

You are predjudice against a person for their actions.

Racism from nature is not the definition of a racist. A racist is one that spouts hate with intention to harm. You know, the actual acts of a racist.
Racism in nature is just that...wanting to be with your own kind, your race wanting to be superior...etc.

There is alot of subtle there. Most people are racist to some degree. You have to be because it is nature.

BUT that doesn't make a person a racist actually. When the hate is thrown on top of it, then basic natural racism is moved to the next level, a racist.

If I am racist to some degree---it doesn't mean I am a true racist that acts on hate.

WOW--play on words like this is hard to describe..LOL

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
reinbeau said:
The race card needs to be put away.
Whew! That's a relief! Now I can start ignoring the racial slander I hear in my area and chalk it up to bad habits, slips of the tongue or Freudian oopses. SO GLAD that 1 black president has turned the entire tide of American history. I didn't think I would see it happen so quickly.

It's as bad as constantly trotting out Bush. He's gone, Obama is black and has been elected President, the race thing is over, and Bush haters do more to pull this country down than he ever thought of doing.
Um, how? I am a Bush despiser. All it makes me do is everything I can to teach my children better, help those around me more, participate more in my own government, and realize the power of government--how much damage actually CAN be done by one man.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yea but look how much damage can be done by a nation giving up and giving in.

I do not see one man doing this at all.....I see a nation of citizens letting it all happen.

me&thegals

A Major Squash & Pumpkin Lover
Reaction score
I also believe in the power of one, FarmerChick. In this case, though, I don't see how I could have stopped illegal torture, false claims that led to war in Iraq, illegal wiretapping of the citizenry, tax breaks for the incredibly wealthiest of our country, etc., etc.

The way I showed how much I hated his policies was to vote for Obama :)

Latest posts