Life's turning points....

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Ahhhh BeKissed:>) I don't even know what to say to that :bouquet
So....Morel! Ya' married? Saw that sweet crib you have with the lakeside view.... ;) ;) Huh? Huh? ;)

:lol:

I get this way when I'm tired...don't mind me! That's why I'm not joining in with both feet over on the vaccination thread....everything is funnier when I'm tired. I'll face the serious issues when I'm well rested and can make a fool of myself properly! :D

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Yup I'm married...somedays I like it...some days I wanna run away.
Hmmmmm...yep....that's just how I remember it! Sort of like soap operas then, huh? Don't watch them for 20 years and finally do, only to find they are on the same story line.... :p Yep, shoot me if I entertain that thought, will ya? My whole life has been one long hillbilly soap opera!

And I didn't even read for the part!!! :thun :lol:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Undoubtedly been fishin' in the wrong pond, that's for dang sure! :p :lol: Lost my taste for fish some while ago....just doesn't seem to agree with me! :D

the simple life

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Well, it is definitely going to be a huge change for you but it sounds like you have a good plan to bring you all back together.
They will stretch their wings a little and settle down somewhere like you said and you can join them.
Its obvious that you and the boys are close and they are looking forward to you all meeting up again.
I am not saying its going to be easy at first anyway, you will definitely have that transition.
I agree though, you aren't done being a mom yet.
I think foster care is a wonderful gift to give.

shareneh

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ah Beekissed, I know it's hard for you. I planned my three to be close together so that they would grow up and be out of the house around the same time. The joke was on me though, the longer I was their mother the more I loved it. I feel so proud of my little chicks. They did the same thing your boys are doing to you, they flew and were successful. Now I can't wait for the days they come home and visit. The grandbabies are the best part.

Don't worry about what you will do with yourself, you seem to keep yourself pretty busy from what I've read. They have a cool mom to come home to when they take a break from conquering the world.

You did good mama. I know it's hard to let go but that's the deal we make when we give them life.

Now, trust in the lessons you have taught them and bask in the accomplishments they hand you. It's the best feeling.

Don't get me wrong, you will have pity parties at first but then you will be ok.

ams3651

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My son is 17 and a senior in HS, his plans will probably keep him nearby. What I never expected 5 years ago,
when he was in the really annoying loud stage, was how much I would enjoy having teenagers in my house. The one I miss was his best friend the last 2 years, just home now after basic training in the Marines. I always said he was my number 1 son, #2. Im so proud of him for taking control and working toward a better life for himself. He's going back in a few days. My cousin grew up in a family with a poor situation and after graduating he joined the Air Force, he can retire in a couple years and has a nice little family and a new position and a good life. Good luck to all your 'little chicks".

You did good mama. I know it's hard to let go but that's the deal we make when we give them life.

Now, trust in the lessons you have taught them and bask in the accomplishments they hand you.

that is one of the most beautiful things I have heard in a long time.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
BeeKissed,

It is the wise parent that gives his child roots, ... and wings.

Not an original, I forget who said that.

Congrats on your rooster!!! Can't wait to see pics.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
You guys are soooo sweet! Even while having to listen to me whine on a public forum! Now THAT is great of you all! :D

I never thought it would be this hard! :lol: I, too, would often just want the noise to stop! My poor sister is going through the same thing and she said her house just echoes....what a sad sound!

Oh, I'll snap back! Just one more of those, "It will never happen to me" moments, I'm sure. Always a shock when it actually happens! :D

Are any of you going through one of life's turning points right now? How are you finding ways to get around it or to deal with it? Please...take my mind off my own pity party...I mean, I don't even HAVE CHOCOLATE here to soothe me, so I'm not even conducting my own pity as well as I usually do! :D

Give me some inspiration, you lovely people....! :bouquet