livin' on the funny farm- SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Never did get my nap.
*First I made laundry soap.
*Then i had someone call about chicks, I think I have 24 going out tomarow. The duck eggs in the incubator went in the hatcher this morning and I have 2 piped. I have @ 100 chicks in the house right now. I wish the weather would warm up so they could go outside a little quicker. We are about to have a big thunderstorm. And the high was only 54 today and it rained all day!
*Fed the baby every 2 hrs
*And my oldest daughter came out to visit her dogs, and brought a 50 lb bag of dog food for them. I told her when she moved to town she could leave her dogs here as long as she bought a bag of dog food every payday, every other week. (4 of the 8 are hers). She brought our old dog some canned food that was on sale. So I got to visit with her for a while.

Avalon1984

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sorry to hear you lost the baby goat. You tried all you could. Sometimes nature is just cruel. Hope the boy goat survives.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We have raised baby goats before but I never started one from birth like this before. It is a little different than the others- they were friendly and would follow you and liked to be petted and all, but not sure how to explain it.

Hubby is home today and when wee went to the living room bandit was sleeping but as he heard us talking he woke up- I already had his bottle on. So I went in and got him out of his box. And he slowly followed me, not the usual I'm hungry- feed me, but a slow what we doin kinda thing. He peed on the floor and came to me in the chair, and was trying to itch his side so I helped him and found his tickle spot. Got his bottle done and fed him. And he looked around a bit and came to my chair and layed down under my feet. I sat for a few minutes then took his bottle in the kitchen. He must have gotten up to find me cause when I went back in he was walking around and found the dogs water dish and steped in it. I said what you doin? And he came to me as fast as his wobbly legs would let him! So if he is scared he comes to me. And he is back to sleeping under my feet. Lol

I feel more like mama than than I did with the others.

I am going to be leaving soo to go get him some scour meds he has the poops.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
He is acting fine. He even tried to jump this evening- he fell down, but he tried! Lol he just has some diarhea. Got him the meds for scours and gave him a dose of probios for good measure.

On another note a friend brought me 2 puppies, they are 1/2 lab and 1/2 shar-pei. Her neighbor got them for her kids for easter and they didn't want them anymore. Didn't realy want them but... so I went and got them their shots. They are soo very cute and look like shar-pei's. I have heard they are good family dogs and very protective.

Went to see a friend of mine, she gave me 7 goose eggs, 4 duck eggs, and 39 chicken eggs (americana X dark cornish cross) and I gave her her half of the last batch of those. We have 2 of the 7 duck eggs in the incubator hatched and another piped.

Does any one know how long to keep goose eggs in the incubator?

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
Until they hatch? :hide
:yuckyuck

I had a paper somewhere that had the days and temps for all kinds of eggs, even emu and ostrich. But I put it where I wouldn't loose it- which means I prbibly will never see it again! Wish I had an ostrich egg! Them would be BIG drum sticks! Lol

Just fed bandit, he drank over half a soda bottle!

The little female puppy- the girls named her wrinkles, growled and barked at me when I came out to the living room, till I talked to her. They run and hide from people. I don't think they were treated well. Moose- her brother sits back aand watches you and wags his tail. There is enuff skin on each of them to make another puppy!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
If you pronounced house hoose, you'd have a moose loose in your hoose!