livin' on the funny farm- SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we got up and he had to go to town but instead, we headed south and went to the bigger city and ate at the GOOD chinese reasturaunt. then we stopped at the little mom and pop pet store, and there was a lady with a boxer that had 10 puppies. there was a sweet little white female that kept chasing me around the store. we left and when we got to the truck hubby pulled that little white female out of his jacket. he said maybe i wouldnt miss my dee-dee so much if i had someone to share my lap with. so i named her anna- cause i got her for my annaversary. she already knows her name and after 10 min in the kennel she learned to lay down and sleep. the second time i put her in there she didnt cry at all just layed down and watched out the door. she is smaller than dozers head. the lady said the dad was a jack russel type dog.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hubby told me today that yesterday at work he had a scare. he felt shakey, and dizzy. when he checked his blood sugar he was over 400! so we will be calling the dr tomarow. on his meds he normaly runs 120-150, here lately it has been running @200. then that spike yesterday. kinda woried about him.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Don't blame you for being scared. I've gotten it the other way, where my blood sugar bottoms out and I'll get shaky, dizzy, sick feeling and very nasty. Since I've been watching what I eat more, it hasn't happened in awhile, but I can normally tell when I'm in trouble.

And, when do we get to see pics of the puppy?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Yeah that 400 is kinda scary. I hope they get it figured out and can adjust his meds and he gets better soon!

Yep, puppy pics are in order :D That was so sweet of him to sneak her for you :)

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
he asked if i wanted her but the lady wanted $100.00 for them so i said no. he only gave $25.00 for her. going to the vet for 1st shots today.

still no word on dee-dee. there are 4 facebook groups for missing dogs/pets. in the last 2 days there have been 32 dogs and 4 cats reported missing. dont know what people are thinking.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
rian-rain-rain.

hubby threw a fit in the dr office. the dr wants to keep a closer eye on his blood sugar (i think he too expects that this is happining more offten than hubby says) and he said that if keeps happining he may have to take insulin. well, hubby flat out refused, and said that he wasnt going to do it. so then he had to be grumpy for a few hours.

there is a exotic animal expo this saturday. my friend that has a pet store asked if we would want to ride up with her. it will be a 3 hr drive each way. so trying to talk hubby into going.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
went to the expo, they had an ice storm the day before- so several venders didnt show up. but i had fun anyway. got 20 rats- 10 feeders for dh snakes and some breeders for me . they had some great blue dumbo rats that are out of a rex female. some have rexing to their coats. and i got some funky marked hooded rats. got a trio of abby guinea pigs. and calico hamsters. dh got 2 new snakes- a hypo red tail boa, and a dwarf red tail boa. saw lots of neat stuff.

need to get some pics taken...

it has been SO windy here the last 2 days! rain before that. but at least the weather is nice. 40-60* the last several days.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Your hubby needs my kids Ball Python. :lol: I just got back from errands and taking a break!!

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we have a pastel ball python. they are not my favorite snakes. i like boas- they give live birth. pythons are egg layers. and snake eggs are difficult to incubate.

wemay be getting a pair of chinchillas, and a trio of hedgehogs. happy dance.

i have been making cages today...