livin' on the funny farm- SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
they were cold when i got out of bed this morning. (forgot to turn the heating blanket on) and when they get cold-they dont warm up!! i have to leave my shoes on to keep my feet warmer. my house is 78 right now and my feet are in my shoes and socks, and are cold. and when i go out and chore, i am miserable for hours afterword. and isnt always my feet, onse i get chilled- i am super cold for hours. the inside shivering cold!

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
BAD NEWS!!!!!!! my wonderful friends have been having family issues, and now they are looking to move far, far away. :hit i dont know how i will live without them!!

we ate her billy goat today- he was good for a 3 yr old billy.

i got 4 muscovy ducks. 1 blue drake and 1 black hen and 2 hens that are black that have a green sheen in the sun.

other than that not much new here...

Gypsi

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
In winter I wear Rayon socks under cotton socks. The cotton draws moisture, if I wear them right on my feet, I always have cold feet. If I wear rayon under, cotton outer, the cotton wicks the water away from my skin.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Gypsi- i may have to try that. anything to keep my feet warm.

thinking i may make a list of things i want/need to do in the next year. a REASONABLE list! hmmmmmm..................................

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:barnie found 2 puppies in the ditch when i went to get the mail this afternoon. they looked soooo cold and were shivering. so i brought them in the house to warm them up, and found out why they were dumped... they have parvo!!! they are throwing up and have poops. called the vet and the sheriff. vet said to treat or put to sleep. so after the girls go to bed i will take care of it. sheriff came and took pics of them, we talked and if someone was giving them away, the brothers and sisters will be in the vets offices soon. and maybe we can track the orig owner! but i had to bleach the entire house. people are just stupid!

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
not much new here. went to visit our friends, and got to talking. stayed all day! it has rained here and the chicken coops have @ 3 inches of mud in them. :( so i put out the little bit of old straw that i had in an effert to dry it up. we are going to put down @ 6inches of sand in there to drain the water better. i knew when i put it there, that that is where the barn roof drains. but it was never more than a little sloppy when the horses were in there. but i think the ducks stired it up.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
got up and had goats in the front yard. a bucket of corn and they almost attacked me! so they were easy to get back in.

cloudy here with a slight chance of light showers today, not super cold- sure doesnt feel like mid december. might be a chance of snow later in the week. i dont like winter but i do want snow for christmas.

and it seemed to work last time so here is my to-do list for today:
1. remop floors
2. give the kitchen a good cleaning
3. start making pumpkin bread, and cookies for the gift boxes
4. get the monster pile of laundry done
5. clean out the snake cages
6. pick up the yard

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
got all but the yard done.

got the pumpkin bread done and chock chip cookies done. today i need to do peanut blossom cookies and peppermint popcorn done. then tonight the kids and i will deliver the goody baskets.