livin' on the funny farm- SUCCESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yah. we just got home from the shopping spree. she has a pennies card and she took the girls and spent $500.00 between the 2. new jeans, shirts, socks, undies, and shoes. she took them in and they picked out a shirt each and she asked them what else they wanted, and she finaly asked me to shop for them and why didnt they ask for more? i had to say that that is just how my kids are they arent needy, greedy brats, and they are thankfull for the things they get. so she told me to make sure they got the things they needed. i was blown away! come to find out her daughter bitched at her the whole 3 hour ride home!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Glad to hear that they stuck up for your kids.

W/nieces and nephews, it was different. There were just so many of them on both sides that we all basically agreed that once they hit 18, that was it, no more gifts unless someone really wanted to. Plus, we've also stopped buying for our brothers and sisters all around. (Hubby has 2 sisters and a brother, I have 2 brothers and a sister.) It has made the holidays so much easier.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
our friends called us yesterday and gave us a deer! so we went over and helped prosses it. and had deer chili for supper.:drool yummie! i dont know what i will do when they move away:hit. they have (and still will be) the best friends we have.

it is snowing here. we are to get 1-4 inches in the next 24 hours. but at least it isnt blowing!

oh.... dh has a 3/4 english bulldog,1/4 pug male that stays outside (he is the size of a pug,but looks like a bulldog). one of my catahoulas (a larger hound type dog) was in heat so we kept her in the dog pen. well, saturday we came home and she had 2 puppies on the porch! :th REALY?????????? and they are his- they look exactly like him! 2 boys. i dont know how he got it done... *sigh* where there is a will.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
our dozer boy is sick!!!:hit he is dh pure english bulldog. on friday we got him a collar (his first, he has only had a harness till then) and by monday he had a big oozy raw area under his neck, then tues he wasnt himself, and this morning he didnt want to eat. and he hasnt pooped sence yesterday morning. we took him to the vet and they said the big spot under his neck was a staph infection. and that is why he is so sick. he just sits and shivers. if he is not improving by friday- i am going to take him to another vet.

IW

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Did the vet. give him any antibiotics? An injection? Do you have any black salve around? Or topical antibiotic for horses?

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I hope your dog gets better. :hugs I'm still stuck on how such a small dog got such a large dog knocked up though...that is pretty perplexing :ep

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
antibiotics, a shot of antibiotics, and spray to dry up the ooze. but he just wants to lay around. the vet said he sees this a lot in english bulldogs. hes got till friday to start coming 'round, or i am taking him to another vet.

we have 2 english bulldogs:
"hank" is a mini bull, he is 3/4 english and 1/4 pug. looks a lot like an english but about the size of a pug. (pic was when he was still a pup.) he is @2 yrs old now.
4137_20110225092245-1-1.jpg

"dozer" is a purebred english bulldog-dh dream dog. dumb as a box of rocks- but :idunno i like to case on him.
4137_007.jpg

and yes that is where he tore my couch!!! grr bad dog! and dozer is @8-9 mos old.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Hope he feels better soon. :hugs

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
he was a little more peppy this morning. and he FINALY pooped! the first time in 2 days. i was VERY concerned that he had a blockage! he ALWAYS has something in his mouth. he is still cold but was running a fever yesterday of almost 104. and he ate some this morning. he is sitting in front of the heater vent right now, and he keeps looking at daddys chair and whining (why is it that all the kids want when they are sick is daddy?) but he will have to deal with mom today- she is the bad lady that gives him pills and puts the ouchy spray on him.

the thing is- we got him his first collar on friday night. i dont think i put it on him till sat morning. and on monday he smelled like he rolled in something dead. but the house was cold so tuesday when i was to give him his bath, i went to take his collar off and it was stuck to his neck and when i looked he had a huge oozy rash-like sore. he had only had a harness till the new collar. the next day (yeaterday) he was shivering uncontrolably, he hadnt pooped, he didnt want to eat, he just layed or sat with his head hanging. it was fast. if we would have had to wait for friday, i dont know if he would have made it. :(

Latest posts