Lookie what Mother earth news has..

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
cause mine taste like crud!
acquired taste big time for me...LOL..I tried it a long time ago with a beer kit ya buy to make your own...ICK.....LOL...now I barely drink but when I do I buy my fav brand from the store..LOL

I know alot of people out there say it tastes good, for me, mine was just not in that category..HA HA

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
We have brewed several batches...years ago! We had a couple flops and a couple of really good batches though. It is more of an acquired taste, but it sure is fun to pick specific hops and malt to create different flavors. It is a little bit expensive to start...giant pot, special jug (think Sparkletts glass water jugs) air lock, hops, malt etc....bottles & caps. Expensive but fun for sure!

user251

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
beer, ugh! make wine instead its much tastier, easier to make and it is fun to see what type fruits make the best. i like elderberry and blackberry the best. also its not as temperamental as beer.

RTRChick

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oooo wine, I want to make some wine next year.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
firem3

LOL--you would get along great with my father in law.....Ralph made unbelieveable amt. of peach wine...which I swear is the equivalent of white lightening! I almost fainted when I tasted it..LOL...I don't know where he went wrong, but wine it wasn't..LOL

his buddies were lining up for gallons of this stuff...HA HA

ScottyG

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
It probably takes a lot of trial and error, but I've got a good friend who brews her own beer, and it's just delicious and awesome. As good as any I've had in the store, and homemade! She has a little mini keg in the fridge at most times. Usually, she makes just regular unflavored beers, but she's made some pretty awesome unusual ones too. For my wedding, she made us lavender/honey beer that we gave to our guests as a favor. Mmmmm, it was sooooo good. Anyway, homemade beer can be definitely bad, but also can be really excellent.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
We have a friend who got into beer making too. One year our Christimas present from him was a 6 pack of what we termed "Tom's Sticky Brown Ale". It was awful! DH threatened to try it a few times but that was enough to keep from doing it. My brother however has actually made some drinkable stuff.