Lorihadams-- hi guys...been busy!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Oh, Lori that deck is just beautiful. Look At all the space. What would you call the new over hang? A portico? It will make coming and going in the weather so much easier. Those kids of yours look like their in heaven on those swings. No matter what it's like outside they will always be able to swing.

Why is your mother so concerned with you painting the trailer? The inside? It's your home now why does it matter?

When my dh and I remodeled a little guest cottage his Grandpa used to live in we used that vinyl that looked like wood. It went in great and was very durable. I am sure whatever you choose will look fine.

Congratulations!!!!

g

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Reminds me for all the world of Southfork ranch. (Let's see who is old enough to remember that one!)

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
wow! great pix! i'm so excited for you...things are really working out
:)

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
oooooo, ooooo, pick me, pick me! I know what southfork ranch looked like......Dallas.....oooooooo we watched it faithfully every week, in our singlewide......all six of us!

My dad built the porch and roof attachment. He did the boards on a 45 degree angle and screwed them in. He didn't know it had to go anywhere when he built it. When the folks came to take down our singlewide (he built the deck on that one too) my granny said she just sat down on the porch with a glass of tea for HOURS laughing at all those workers trying to tear up that porch and getting NOWHERE. :lol:

If my daddy builds something, it ain't a-going anywhere for a long long time! :lol:

With this porch we had the house set up on the side of a hill so there was actually room underneath it to walk under it. We have roofing material UNDER the whole porch. When it rains, it drains through the boards and onto the roof underneath and the whole underside of the porch is waterproof. She ran electricity under it and put an extra freezer and refridgerator under there and literally used it like a basement.

Here's a pic of what granny's house looked like where she used to live....we took it from our boat.
P1010115-1.jpg

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
WOW! Its looking great!! I LOVE the front porch! :love Your kids sure look hapy on those swings. What a GREAT idea!

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That porch looks wonderful!
Ooooh, you could put a million hanging windowboxes along the outside edge of the railing and have the world's biggest herb garden!

Ok, I'm officially making plans with other people's gardens, it's time for me to move out of the shade. :p

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I'm putting all my raised garden beds in front of the house so I can look at all that food and drool.....then I can look over and see my goats bouncin' in the pasture and laugh. I just want everything to be done already......it feels like it is going so slowly now. It's agony.....it's there but we can't move in yet.