Lorihadams-- hi guys...been busy!

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Tell your friend to goose, duck and quail eggs :) People who are allergic to the chicken can often do other poultry.

Btw I was at someomes house sitting on their outside steps when a duck came purring (?you know what I mean) and wagging her tail at me, so I picked her up and we cuddled for like 10-15 mins :) I put her down only because I didn't want poo on me. I know why your hubby loves ducks so much!

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
A week off? Wow. DH had a V over 18 years ago, and the recommendation was to sit easy the next day.

btw: its a great move for all concerned. Easy for him, easy for you.

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Aw I'm glad Tonka seems to be feeling better. Chicken and rice is what my vet always recommends for reluctant eaters... unseasoned of course ;)

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Lori, How are you doing?

I wanted to mention, that some your friends allergies can be accounted this way... the chicken and egg allergy is likely because of the soy and corn allergy. If she can either locate or raise her own, that are not fed corn, soy or wheat, it would be a good test.
There are lots fo good recipes for feed along that line.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I bought cayuga ducks last year so that I'd have a source of duck eggs as I'm allergic to chicken eggs. I did not try duck eggs first.

When the ducklings finally grew old enough to lay eggs months later, I learn I'm allergic to duck eggs, too. :he

BUT, I sold those Cayuga for a profit! Whoda thunkit?

Moral of story: Don't be silly like me and assume you won't be allergic. Murphy's law will prevail.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Her DD came to my house and ate pancakes made with duck eggs with no problems so I may supply her with some but I took a hit when that roo killed my other hen. I am down to one duck hen and 2 drakes. So this year I am gonna have to start over again and rebuild my flock.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Well, we had issues yesterday with the vasectomy.

Hubby was supposed to take an ativan one hour before his scheduled surgery. He did. When we got to the doctor's office his doctor had gotten called into an emergency surgery and was delayed 45 minutes. He was asleep in the waiting room when he finally got called back for the procedure and then we had to help him back he was so woozy. By the time they got going he could feel the cauterization but just did it anyway. When I went to go do the copay we had to get him a chair to keep him from passing out. Then we had to take him back in the office and lay him down for 20 minutes until he got his color back. Then we had to wheel him down to the car with a nurse and she had to help me get him in the car. 2 hours late to get the kids from the babysitter after I got him home (in a lot of pain) and by the time I got home I collapsed in Tyler's bed with him and Maddie at 9.

My mother called Chad last night and left him a message that said "where are you you sorry thing, I call you see how you are and you won't even answer the phone...you'd better not be screening my calls."

When he got up this morning, after taking percocet all night and nursing his wounds with some frozen peas, he checked his phone. I was so mad that I sent her a text message this morning that said "Chad just had SURGERY...he is doped up on adavan and percocet. He is not screening phone calls he was asleep. I was so exhausted that I went to bed at 9. Next time think before you open your mouth please. love you"

Did I mention that my mother has chronic "foot in mouth disease"?
:rant

modern_pioneer

Mountain Man
Reaction score
People eat duck eggs???? Really????

When I read that I had a little throw up come up in my throat, and then I thought, ask Lori what they taste like??? :sick or :drool

Hows Chad doing after the snip?

How do they taste against chicken eggs??

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
They are yummy! Very much like chicken eggs. The yolk is a little larger.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
MP--that is funny! Chad is actually allergic to duck eggs so I have to watch what I cook with. He can have chicken eggs just fine though. They taste like chicken eggs to me. They seem to cook up a little firmer though. The yolks are huge. They make great deviled eggs!!! They are excellent for baking too!

Chad is resting and bored out of his mind! He can't get comfortable and he is tired of reading books in bed. He gets cabin fever in about 20 minutes so this is gonna be a long recovery!