Lorihadams-- hi guys...been busy!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Well....mice just come with the territory when you plop your house down in the middle of a pasture :rolleyes:

We knew it was coming it was just a matter of when....now....about Johnny Depp.....he's just so pretty. :D

Now, I do like me some Mike Rowe too girls....I have very eclectic tastes. :D

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
What do we know about fashion Lori? Were common folk who pay $10 at wal mart for some jeans, we don't have the money for "fashion" ;)

Mike Rowe any day baby, imy hubby already does a mans job but can he do more like Mike please :p Rawrr!! ;)

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
:hugs

I really do feel your pain. When my mom was alive she was a monster. That is not an overstatement either. She was an un-medicated bi-polar.

Time has brought peace and understanding, but at the time I just wanted my kids to be able to have a "normal" grandparent experience. Of course now I realize even that perspective was skewed. My grandparent experience was Grandma Nettie, who basically raised me.

When my kids were small I would take them to "Grammies" and she would proceed to feed them junk, take them to the store and LOSE them (!!) and show them tv shows that I specifically requested her not to because they caused the kids nightmares!! Gift indulgences were extreme, wasteful and plain old stupid. She bought each kid a Casio electric piano one time when the oldest was 6. Explain to me why any household needs 3 electric pianos!!

She also seemed to take pride in calling up and getting a fight started between my hubby and myself. Don't EVEN try to go out in public with her. She would embarrass you to death.

It was our salvation that we laid down some VERY strict boundarys for her. It came to a point that the kids only saw her while we were with them. SURE she kicked and squealed, but when you aren't around to hear it - things are fine.

"I brought a bowl of GF soup and one of the ladies broke my bowl. I couldn't eat anything there so I went home hungry but we had a good time. "

I also really feel this pain. It is hard for others to understand how hard this situations is when everyone else is eating and there is nothing for you. We went to the lake a while back. We got in town late, missed lunch and just planned on going to the local restaurant before going to bed that night. All went according to plans and by the time I got to the restaurant I was STARVING. The only thing on the menu that I could eat was a side salad which was lettuce and a half slice of tomato with no dressing! I nearly cried.

Keep doing what you know is right and everything will work out! :hugs

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
I feel your pain about the diet. Mine is quite restricted. Even in the grocery store, I get discouraged. So much I'd like that I cannot have. I used to be a very picky eater and now nothing is changed....I just don't like what I have to pick.

I have to avoid sodium and some restaurants just don't have anything to offer except a salad, I know just how you feel. It isn't so bad when I'm at home choosing what to cook, but when you see other people at the table enjoying things you cannot have, and smelling the food, it does make it more difficult, no matter how resolved or strong you are. I find eating in restaurants with other people fairly depressing and when you go to potlucks and such, it is even worse because you know the cooks.

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Yeh.... Johnny Depp is yummy. He's the guy that even the straight guys I know would do LOL.

As for the fashion... You can find some really fun things to make watching... And other things you are kinda embarrassed for them. LOL. Well... you proved you have money. Now go prove you have taste!

Bad fashion IS a way to stand out and there is no such thing as bad publicity, right? LOL.

You have gorgeous:
Bottega-Veneta-Golden-Globe-Dress.jpg

And hideous:
reneezellweger.jpg
(I think that was a couple years ago, I was just googling)

If you wanna see the best fashion.... this blog has the golden globes up and there are some GORGEOUS dresses.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
People eat duck eggs???? Really????
I eat them. I am one of those allergic to chicken eggs that can eat duck eggs. Allergic to duck eggs? Try quail.

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Yum! Johnny Depp just keeps getting better and better!
I love quail eggs, don't like duck eggs.
Sorry about the tension!! I hate drama!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Hi guys....so did everyone watch Mike Rowe dangling from a pole last night...FUNNY.

Chad is feeling better....Granny came and got Maddie but Tyler wouldn't go with them without Chad or myself so he is still here. :rolleyes:

After they left we went down to Michael's to get some quilt batting and a new rotary blade so I can finish MIL's quilt for her birthday this weekend and if I ever get off the computer that is what I'll go do.

Then we went to Home Depot and I bought 14 CFLs for the house. When we got the house granny had 100watt incandescents in all the fixtures. Our bathroom has 8 lightbulbs in it. I switched those to 40watt CFLs that actually use 9 watts each. So in one room alone we went from 800watts usage to 72watts of usage. I replaced the 4 100watt bulbs in our kids' bathroom with the same so we went from 400w usage to 36w. I also replaced the bulb in our closet and the 5 100w bulbs in our kitchen fixture so that one went from 500w usage down to 45w. I forgot some other rooms....I want to put 40wCFLs in my kids' closets cause they have a tendency to leave the lights on. I also want to get some for the living room lamps but I'll go up to 100wCFLs cause they are our primary source of light in the evenings. Either way that will be a big cut in our usage.

We are looking at getting solar dusk to dawn lights for the house and shed too.

As usual I have a load of laundry going and it will go on the line, it has turned out to be a really nice day....wet from yesterday's rain but much warmer.

Oh, I found a site for nigerian dwarf goat owners too so I am tinkering with that today too. www.nigeriandwarfgoats.ning.com

MsPony

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yay for CFLs!! We switched right away, the previous tenant always left lights on and her energy bill was massive. We switched for that + we have reptiles so it kinda offset that cost lol.

In CA you can no longer buy incandescent under 100w :)

Latest posts