Lorihadams-- hi guys...been busy!

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
The schnauzer? (At least I think it's a schnauzer...short hair with beard)

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
He does resemble a schnauzer doesn't he? :lol: The trick with him is training him to STOP eating ice cream.... :lol:

Well, TWENTY-TWO loads of laundry and I am done:

4 loads of clothing
4 loads of quilts
5 loads of pillows/stuffed animals
2 loads of dog bedding
2 loads of sheets
3 loads of towels
1 load of blankets/sofa cover
1 mixed load of clothes and towels from Maddie's last 2 days

I'm exhausted and I am dreading our next electric bill cause everything had to be washed in hot water and then dried in the dryer cause it has rained/sleet the last 2 days.

We met with another contractor this morning about the garage construction. We'll see what his estimate is compared with our other one and decide what we want to do.

We have been home all day and my husband is driving me nuts. He keeps wanting to go somewhere, he wants to go out to dinner, he wants to go buy new furniture, he wants out of the house and I just spent $180 on groceries yesterday and I don't think so.

All I want to do is soak in a big tub of hot water for about 2 hours and read a book. :rolleyes:

We still haven't had the closing on the other house and we are waiting for the loan people to send the paperwork to the attorney so closing can happen. Our realtor assures us that their realtor has assured her that everything is good, we are just waiting on the USDA loan which is government funded and takes a while. This is the second closing date that has come and gone with nothing.

Cross your fingers it happens this week, this is getting old! :fl

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sorry babe - but I haven't been able to read your journal this week. It reminds me too much of when the kids got lice the week before I was due with my third baby. At Christmas. :sick
Hope it's all over soon!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Well, we continued the early spring cleaning adventure and my husband, bless him, got down on his hands and knees with vinegar water and mopped the entire house for me while I cleaned the bathrooms from top to bottom and mopped the floors in there.

Usually I spread this stuff out over about a week or so when the weather starts to turn and I open the windows to air out the house and wash everything and hang it out on the line. This was bad timing, but hey, I got a jump on my spring cleaning right!?! :lol:

Yesterday after the cleaning marathon I made my children get dressed and play outside while we discussed the shed plans with my husband's uncle, who is going to come help us finish the lean-tos next weekend. We measured and got together supply lists for everything. I cleaned out the chicken coop and duck house. The puppy played soccer with the kids and then we took her for a massive walk down to the pond to see the neighbors.

We took her back to the porch and then stayed at the neighbors for dinner and the superbowl until 10-ish. The kids watched Toy Story 3 and played and one of the older kids gave Tyler his old Woody doll and made his week!

We hate the steelers. I don't give one lick about the superbowl unless the steelers are playing and then I root fervently for the opposing team no matter who they are, so we were all pretty happy last night. We enjoyed the half time show too. My kids love the Black Eyed Peas.

We figure the shed will cost us around $400 to finish out and put sliding barn doors on. We already have stain leftover from when we did the shed earlier so it will be the same color once we get the T-111 on it.

Once that gets done we are going to start on the fencing and raised beds for the garden. Oh, and my neighbor is getting honey bees too!!! She's going to put hers down by the pond while mine will be back up the hill in between the two ponds on the property. Hopefully we'll both be able to help each other out with them and learn together. Her 13 yr old wants goats and chickens and is terribly excited to help me with the critters and wants me to call her immediately when the goats go into labor. :)

glenolam

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My favorite part of those pics was the Activia in the one shot, then the Breyers in the next! :lol:

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I know right! The activia is for me and the kids until I can milk the goats and make our own but the breyers is totally my husband's deal. He's an addict.

Well, I went to visit my cake business friend with the DD that has all the allergies. She gave her mom a list of everything that was off limits when she kept the kids the other day....yeah, she's an idiot. Gave her cheese sticks, peanut butter and jelly sandwich on whole wheat, and crackers. :he When she got her DD back and she was miserable she asked her what she had to eat and her mom said "ohhhhhh, that list was for HER, I thought that was a list of what YOU couldn't have" :smack

Geez.

I'm going to help her with a charity event Thursday night for a while. Hubby is at a meeting with someone for the mafia stuff (side business) www.webfootmafiawaterfowl.com

I had to keep his cousin's stepson for a little while tonight and he is all about the guitar. Tonight I schooled him a little on real guitar legends. I told him to go home and google performances by Eric Clapton and one of my all time favs and totally underrated guitar geniuses of all time, Lindsay Buckingham. Here's the performance I was trying to pull up for him when his grandpa came to get him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=naAWX6OsHVI&feature=related