Lorihadams-- hi guys...been busy!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Hey Java! It's pretty good....but then again, I would own it if it was crap cause I love the pirate movies. Hubby said, after we watched it Tuesday night, "I hope they keep making these movies forever" :D

My daughter said, "Jack Sparrow runs like his butt is on fire!"

I just love it and we have all the movies and have watched them over and over again. I would say that if you liked the others you will probably like this one too. The first one is probably the best but this one is pretty interesting and Penelope Cruz does a great job. The mermaids are pretty wicked too. More like vampires with fins, :lol:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I didn't like this last one as much as the others....but LOVE the spin Johnny Depp puts on his character! No one could have done that as well as he....I almost find the pirate attractive! :D

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Yeah, this one was a bit different.....it was definitely slower in parts but I think they set it up nicely for another movie at the end. I would love to see how they get the ship out of the bottle. :D I always loved seeing how Jack runs....like is arse is on fire....I think the first one is still my favorite but isn't that almost always the way?

Well, yesterday we got a nice surprise....a new refrigerator for the garage! One of Chad's old high school buddies got a new fridge for the house and he had Chad help him move it in about a month ago. He has tried to sell the old one but got no takers. He called Chad Friday and asked if we wanted it so we went and got it Sunday afternoon, sprayed the entire thing with bleach and then washed it with soapy water and let it sit out in the sun for a bit. After everything was dry we did some creative rearranging in the garage and now have a new (to us) fridge!

It will be wonderful when we process the chickens or a deer cause now we have somewhere to let the meat rest overnight and having extra space for overflow when we have family come will be nice too cause we always end up with extra food. We also spent some time with my BF saturday night and they may have a stainless steel 3 bay sink for us too but we have to see. I'm crossing my fingers on that one cause we have a space behind the storage room in the garage that would be a perfect little "kitchen" and we already have a stainless steel table that we use for processing already that would fit in there with the sink and we talked to our plumber about installing a second frost free hydrant on the back side of the garage that we could run a hose from for the sink and then let it drain back out outside in a "gravel pit" that we would dig out. Then we could install a 10 gallon water heater in there that we could just use as needed and unplug when not in use. It will be great if everything works out.

:fl

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I would love another fridge, but I already have 2 freezers . :hide Dh says no way.

Movie sounds good. I cant wait to see it.

G

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Tecnically, we have 2 freezers already too....one is full and the other is full of mold and needs to be cleaned out. I'm hoping it still works....it will be nice to have the fridge though cause we can keep overflow stuff in there and I have a place just for milk and veggies to be stored. I'm hoping that the other freezer will work once we get it cleaned out but it hasn't been run in a couple of years so we will have to see. I am hoping to kill at least 4 deer this year and I'm gonna need the small chest freezer for meat....we also have 37 meaties in the barn that have to go in there too and still have some chicken and a 20 lb turkey in there from last year. At least I know thanksgiving dinner is done! :p

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
I am hoping we have a deep freezer before this deer season! I'm wanting a chest freezer. I just like them better than the upright freezers.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Yeah, both mine are chest, one is quite small but we had to get it to fit in our utility closet at the old house. The other is granny's old one that she had under the trailer in the "basement" and is quite a bit bigger. The small one wasn't that bad, my MIL got it for us for xmas and I think it was around $200 at Sam's club. I don't know how many cubic feet it is but it is small. Probably about 4 feet long. For now it it okay and I should be able to get all the meat in there....I hope. I need to unplug it, let it thaw out, and completely clean it out. I have to rotate the stuff from the bottom when we process the meaties. The puppy kept unplugging it when it was on the porch so we had a few things that had iced up and some frost and ice that had accumulated on the sides and then the ice melted and refroze and now there is a layer of water that has stuff frozen into it in the bottom. I tried to get a pack of corn on the cob out of it and couldn't break it free. Dang dog.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
We had a chest freezer, but it died a year or two ago. E had purchased it in '96 when he was butchering our cow Nosey. It was the largest one you could get and we filled it, plus his dad's small chest freezer, plus the fridge freezer from one cow. (heifer). It was great!