Lorihadams-- hi guys...been busy!

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yup chicken in every yard, fishtank in every livingroom, its the new world order!

dont feel bad aboutt he neons, tere incredibly sensitive little fish (most are still wild caught as they dont breed well in captivity so there extra stressed, streassed from being cuaght then being shipped form south america to the dealer then from the dealer to the petstore then from the petstore to your house..im suprised any of them make it...but the ones that do tend to be realy tough little fish. you might want to try black neons or glolights next time both are much hardier than neons or cardinals though obviously not quite as flashy.
cherry barbs might be another option if you go all male youll get ALOT of bright red and activity without the agression (males are red, females are more of an orange color)

got my fingers crossed for safe delivery on the Babbits!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I got the Meyer catalog and I am thinking of getting a trio of silver laced polish, a buff orpington, a dominique, a welsummer, BLRW, a delaware and an EE. My kids got to pick out some that they wanted and I wanted the welsummer and ee for some different egg colors. My daughter likes the buff orps and my son likes the dominique. They both like the polish and I have always wanted them. I want to get rid of my roo and replace him with a smaller roo. I figured the polish would be okay and then the others are just eye candy. I have a light brahma, dark brahma, red star, and one that I think might be a wyandotte but I'm not certain. I just need some more layers and I want a roo but need one that is smaller than the monster I currently have that was supposed to be a hen.

As for the fish, if we get any more for the tank we will get a few more guppies. The ones we have are all over the place and we got one orange and white, one yellow with black spots, and two blues. We also are having good luck with the red tipped sharks for now. As they get bigger we may have to get another tank just for them.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
probably...and dont be too worried about the guppies, if there ogin well and you have a female youll have a nice gupy population in no time LOL.

the polish are generally realy sweet, one of my sisters friends has a barn full and there adorable, some of the heavily cresteds though need to have their "hair cut" regularly so they can see, he had one boy who would walk into door frames and even walls if she didnt trim his crest lol, beautiful, sweet and made some gorgeous babies though :D

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
My son says he wants to turn his mouse tank into a fish tank when they die so I figure the sharks can go in his. :p

startingover

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I've read your journal from beginning to end (took me a couple of weeks) and am awestruck by all you and your family do! :bow

I'm striving to achieve much smaller goals and am exhausted most of the time. :hide You, as well as many others on this site, truly inspire me to keep plucking away.

:thumbsup

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Hmmm...a 2 week read huh?.... Beats going to the library :lol: Sometimes, I just sit and read stuff online. Or do research.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Startingover, :welcome from dreary South Jersey. Tell us more about yourself.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
WOW. I am awestruck that anyone would bother to read my entire journal....I haven't even sat down and read my entire journal. I'm kinda afraid to, afraid I may go back and change something to keep from embarrassing myself. :lol:

Thank you for caring enough to read about my life...start a journal of your own so we can find out about you now!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
So we got back home from the beach yesterday evening and I discovered after being attacked by my goats, that my neighbor apparantly doesn't know the difference between HAY and STRAW. She's been feeding all the bunnies and my goats straw for the last 4 days. I'm hoping that the hay I put in the rack Wednesday was enough to last them through at least Thursday evening so that they only had to eat their bedding for two days. I had to go out this morning and pull all the straw out of the bunny hutches where she tried to feed them straw too. :he :barnie :rant

Still no baby bunnies. I'm hoping that she goes in the next day or two. My calculations are probably off but she's eating like a horse this morning so either neighbor didn't feed her enough or she's just really eating like a pregnant lady.

I had to clean a bit and mop the floors this morning. I had to get the kids back into the swing of things this morning so mean mama made them do some writing and math after breakfast.

I'm catching up now and had to balance the checkbook cause MIL didn't really want anything for her birthday so we took her out for a nice dinner at Ruby Tuesday Saturday night and for lunch on Friday. We also forgot to get her a memory card for her camera that we got her for xmas so we got one for her at CVS Saturday. It was cold and rainy all weekend but we let the kids take their shoes off and run down the beach anyway. The rain started to pick up so we made them get back in the truck and went to the *gasp* mall so hubby could find some jeans at JCPenney's. He ended up getting a great deal on some. $50 a pair marked down to $15 a pair so he got 2 pairs in his size and would have gotten more if they had had them in his size.

We went to one of the few surf shops on the island (Topsail Island, NC) that was still open and got the kids some new bathing suits ridiculously cheap for the summer.

MIL had a bunch of sheet sets and towels and beach towels that she gave us that had been given to her when she moved into her current rental. Her landlords are her best friends and have ridiculously expensive taste and the need to redecorate every 2-3 years. She had so many sets of stuff that she just gave them to us. A lot of the towels are oversized so they will be perfect for the kids to take to the pool instead of full sized beach towels. The sheets are Wamsutta and really nice too. I'm washing everything this morning from where they were in storage. They are clean but just smell a little stale so I'm washing them anyway.

I also came home with a quilt that MIL found in the attic that was her friend W's mother's. It got thrown around and is quite soiled and ripped in a couple places so I threw it in the washing machine and will see how it comes out. I will try to make something out of it to salvage it a bit for W for her birthday in February. It's really old. I may have to cut it up and add some more fabric to it to make it useful or even turn it into pillows or something. I don't know yet, it's still in the dryer.

I also need to clean the fish tank today...it's gross. :sick I may need to wait until tomorrow cause I forgot to get a replacement filter cartridge when we went to walmart. crud.