LovinLife- Happy New Year's all!

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
justusnak said:
:weee CONGRATS!!! I have been wanting mini's for a long time....just can't seem to find them in the right price range. CRAZY prices!! Yours are beautiful!!! Whatcha gonna do with the wee ones when they are born, and weaned?? :p
I'm going to keep the best for breeding stock and sell some.

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Leta said:
OMG, I want little cows so bad!

They wouldn't have to be minis, just small. But all the ads I see for them are insane- $2500-$5000 for a heifer. :(
Yes crazy prices! And right now I don't think there are any available until 2012! I happened to find someone around here who was selling Eddie and then when I went to look at him she said she would sell be the other two cows she had because she was moving. The girls are only 50% mini and Eddie's 75% so in a couple years I will have Native Pure. But I'm sure prices won't be so crazy for then in a couple years.

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
AnnaRaven said:
They're gorgeous. Count me in on the folks who would love mini cows. And mini goats. I could just have a miniature animal farm. That would be a hoot. Especially with the fullsize chickens. Everything would look out of proportion.
I would love to have a "mini petting zoo" or "mini traveling zoo" but there's someone around here who already does that so I would feel like I was taking her business.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Eddie is STUNNING. id love a mini jersey that looked like him!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
soooooooo cute! :D congrats! We are still in sticker shock over cow prices....

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
We got our pork back from the butcher all 175lbs of it!! :ep I had to buy a chest freezer but we had pork chops and last night had stuffed peppers with brown rice and ground pork...:drool i can't wait to have a BLT for lunch! When I was unpacking the pork boxes and loading up our brand new chest freezer I noticed there weren't any hams!! So I called the butcher and sure enough we have a whole other box they didn't give us! More bacon and hams!! I'm not impressed with this butcher. First the way they shocked the pig with my kids right there and now they forget to give us a whole box of pork. :/

Eddie our new bull is a pain in the rear! He has gotten out of the fence a couple of times. On Friday night he got out and all the neighbors seen him and put him back in the fence and they went and got my dad up....he's mad at me now. We were in bed watching TV but nodody knocked on our door. DH has been out there working on the fence every day this week. He says it's hot and should give Eddie a nice shock but then Eddie just walks right under it. :th We have him tied up to a tree and his rope got wrapped around so I went out there to loosen his rope. When I was walking away he tried to charge me! Good thing he was still tied up and the rope held but I was shaking! He's looking like some good hamburger right about now! At 18months old it's a good time to stock my new freezer with some young bull meat. But DH wants to keep him. I fairly certain that both of my girls are bred and don't feel the need to keep him.

I quit taking my meds but have fallen of the GF wagon so I'm starting to feel a hopeless and edgy. :(
ETA: This rain doesn't help my overall mood. It's been raining and cloudy for 10 days straight now!! The yard is a swampy mess and I can't hardly get out of my driveway without getting stuck in the mud. Maybe if I start building my ark it will keep me busy enough to keep my mind off how awful I feel.

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
They forgot to give you hams and bacon? How CONVENIENT they kept the best parts. Hmmmmmm.

I would have given them a piece of my mind after the shocking incident, but if I were you I would TELL them about your discomfort that you went to the trouble of raising an animal humanely and then he goes and gives it a bad death. THEN they happened to forget to give you the best parts? :smack