LovinLife- Happy New Year's all!

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hello!

I am a 30 year old stay at home mom. I have a five year old son going to public school and a 19 months old daughter I stay home with (oh and a wonderful husband). I know that most Sufficient Selfer's home school but I feel like I would deprive my son from getting to know his community and making friends.

We live at the end of a dirt road on 15 acres of land. We just moved here two years ago and are just getting our toes wet on working toward a sustainable farm life. I would like to make my own......well anything I can!

We currently have some chickens, some guineas, a bunny, 2 cats, 2 dogs, and a spur-thigh tortoise. I would like to get some Muscovy Ducks for meat, Goats for milk and underbrush control, Pigs to till my garden then for meat, and maybe I can bring myself to kill a chicken.:(

I started a garden last year but quickly surrendered to ALL the bugs. My dad swears by using Seven Dust but can't bring myself to use harsh chemicals. This year I'm very excited to get my pig to prepare and fertilize the bed, then walk my guineas and chickens to my garden for morning bug treats!

I'm soooo ready for spring and get out to some chicken and farm animal swaps and our local farm markets!:cool:

Thanks for reading! I've already learned so much from this forum and BYC forum.....but I have one question....what's a DH?

Bye for now,
Angela

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
:welcome Greetings from NE Ohio.

DH - Dear Husband, or Dunder Head, depending on your mood at the time (from what I can gather from the females around here.) :)

deb4o

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hello Lovin, and :welcome

Enjoy the site, it's a great place full of very interesting people.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, I couldn't figure out the dh, dd, ds, ds1, dd12, sil, mil, alphabet soup when I first arrived, either! :p

If you let your chickens till your garden for a few weeks early in the spring before planting, they will clean up a lot of the bugs and grubs and teensy baby bugs and it will make a huge difference. Keep them out once you plant. The guineas can go in, though, but they may dust bathe and destroy a few plants. Small price to pay, though, for having cukes and squash plants that last ALL season bug-free!

:welcome

abifae

Abinormal Butterfly
Reaction score
Heck, I still get confused and have to run through all my family words til I hit one with the right letter. I'm not sure I always guess right LOL.

Welcome!!! :)

And you really do NOT have to answer 100 questions hahaha. It's just an ice breaker :p

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
:welcome DH can also stand for dumb husband, or drunk husband. Depends on how you're feeling about him at the time.

LovinLife

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
or Dirty Husband which is the way I like him!!;).......that means he's doing work!:lol: