Low carb eaters.....

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
When I have a student in one of my weight management classes who is not losing much weight, I ALWAYS find that they are restricting food intake. You must eat a LOT of food so your body will know that there is no famine and it doesn't have to reserve those calories. The food needs to be the right stuff. Lots and lots and lots of LGI veggies, carbs should be limited to two for women and four for men....on average. There are those (we know who you are....WZ!) who have such damage to their bodies that they cannot tolerate that much. This may change over time, or not.

The good carbs are mainly beans, lentils, yams, sweet potatoes....a half a cup is a serving. Measure it for a while until you know what it looks like. For many Americans today, that is two bites! So use a smaller fork and take smaller bites and really savor it if you must, but reduce carbs. Add good grains later if you can tolerate them, but still in reduced amounts and properly prepared, as mentioned.

Eliminate trans and hydrogenated fats. Poison in ANY amount. Add good saturated fats like butter, lard, egg yokes, whole milk and cheese and cream. No more lean cuts of meat. Keep that skin on your chicken! Use salt with meat, Celtic or Redmond. Eliminate veg oils except a very few like EVOO, in small amounts. Enjoy properly raised beef or bison.

NO SOY!

Avoid any foods with big words on the labels like: No trans fats! Lite! Low fat! Enriched! Added Vitamin Whatever! Diet! Now with whole grains! I have yet to find a product with loud health proclamations that wasn't completely fraudulant.

If you throw out one more egg yolk I will come to your house and pinch you! :rant

:lol:

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
for omlettes I would use one giant egg, then 2 small eggs and throw out the yolks, just keeping the whites. that made for a monster sized omlette but reduced calories on those other yolks also.

there are tons of tricks to lose weight. water----drink tons of water. I average over 90-100 oz per day at least. water makes the body work correctly. it is so super important !

again, being a food game, if you decide to eat skin on chicken, which I did---then limit bread, pasta etc. If I ate ribs for dinner, I would lmiit breads and other carb items.

if I ate skinless chicken breast and tons of veggies for dinner----I allowed myself a small bagel for lunch.

If I wanted something fried, which I don't eat anymore, I would just oven bake it and make a substitute food.

I love chicken alfredo. No pasta, I just sautee chicken and use tons of broccoli and add alfredo sauce. So tons of taste but no pasta. All those tricks got me down the scale.

I think for everyone it is a true balance game.

Everyone's body is different and the combination for weight loss and eating easily thru life has to be found by each person.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I now teach the opposite....use three eggs, toss two whites. Skip the toast and jam. Fat converts to energy VERY efficiently.

DH was in a weight loss study and ate a three-egg omelette seven days a week for breakfast. With butter. He lost 26.2 lbs in 11 weeks and lowered his total cholesterol by over 100 pts, dropped his bp in less than two weeks.

No sugar, no white flour, no processed foods of any kind. No diet drinks or anything else. Just real food, and lots of it!

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
freemotion said:
I now teach the opposite....use three eggs, toss two whites. Skip the toast and jam. Fat converts to energy VERY efficiently.

DH was in a weight loss study and ate a three-egg omelette seven days a week for breakfast. With butter. He lost 26.2 lbs in 11 weeks and lowered his total cholesterol by over 100 pts, dropped his bp in less than two weeks.

No sugar, no white flour, no processed foods of any kind. No diet drinks or anything else. Just real food, and lots of it!
I was wondering about diet soda.
or splenda.

I have to have something sweet in my coffee. HAVE TO!!

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Use stevia. Not all brands are created equal, so see if you can get samples. I use Now and Sweetleaf and 365. Avoid the packets with fiber added....nasty!

If you will become homicidal without sugar in your coffee.....reduce it drastically, and reduce the amount you drink to one or two cups if you drink more. Be sure to have lots of fiber with your breakfast or whatever meal you are having your coffee with....lots of veggies like carrots, leafy greens, etc. Or omelets packed with veggies.

okiegirl1

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
freemotion said:
Use stevia. Not all brands are created equal, so see if you can get samples. I use Now and Sweetleaf and 365. Avoid the packets with fiber added....nasty!

If you will become homicidal without sugar in your coffee.....reduce it drastically, and reduce the amount you drink to one or two cups if you drink more. Be sure to have lots of fiber with your breakfast or whatever meal you are having your coffee with....lots of veggies like carrots, leafy greens, etc. Or omelets packed with veggies.
2 cups???:hit

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
diet soda is horrible stuff

drink very sparingly

water is what is best. I switched over to water and once I got off the diet pepsi cravings, I was fine. when I tasted it again, woof!, it was chemical tasting. every now and then a soda...other than that I do unsweet tea etc.

just me for the soda. I hate the stuff..LOL

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
FM
for me ditching the yolks meant ditching alot more calories---that way I could eat more for dinner...LOL

I play the calorie and fat and carb game thru the day. I got it down to a science for MY BODY.

I don't have to truly think about it anymore. In the beginning it was learning the balance of how I eat thru the day. When I know something heavier is coming for dinner, I be sure that breakfast and lunch is lighter.
So this is how I do it for me personally.

I think that is what everyone must do. Give up here and there---to have "some of what extras" you want. that is what worked for me.

I will never give up all food groups ever. Just balance for me in what I eat thru the day works best.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Yes, every body is different. And, darn it, bodies change as they age. :/

I do find that when people hit a plateau (in my groups, that is), they have started eliminating good fats and reducing overall intake of food. This is after they get rid of all the garbage in their diets.

okie, you are the only one who can decide what stays and what goes in your diet. Just understand the principles of weight loss so you will be able to determine why you might stall. Try the stevia, you might like it. Then you can have your three pots of coffee! :D Just kidding! I drink lots of tea, and it has to be just right, so I understand. I have nothing against coffee in theory, I just personally don't like the taste. It tends to be a vehicle for lots of sugar in some people's daily habits. Give yourself some time to get used to a new taste. You can also start with half sugar and half stevia to reduce your sugar intake and see if that works for you.

A spike in blood sugar signals your body to store food as fat, rather than burning it for energy. Fats in the diet don't spike the bs, high glycemic foods do. And it is far more than just weight we are talking about. You can be skinny and have all sorts of silent damage being done to your body by taking in the typical American diet. But that is an entire 100 minute class, and portions of several other classes. Remember AGE's, NCL and BBH? :p

(oh, they are not on this thread....)