Lowes has 50% off sale on Ball canning jars.....I posted this in two s

CountryKat

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
sites because I was not sure which one to put it in.

I am still kind of new to this site but I just was at the lowes site and they have a discount going on right now. It is about 50% off the jars. Not sure of everything else. Hope this helps someone. I have not started canning yet but might start soon. Tell me what you think. Is this truly a sale. If so I want to go get some and start my canning supplies.

Hope you all have a great day.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Sounds like an awesome deal! Thanks for the heads up!

CountryKat

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Thanks. So I guess if I am going to start putting together my supplies for my first time canning ever this would be the time to do it. Thanks for coming in. :D

KnittyGritty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I read about this on BYC yesterday, so I went last night. They were already out of jars, but I got 25 boxes of lids at 50% off. I'm still happy, since I have a lot of jars, although I would have gotten more. Anyway, just wanted to say, don't wait!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Yeah, I'll have to hit the Lowe's in Corinth Wednesday when I go to Kmart.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I can't get there until tomorrow, so they'll probably be out of them by then.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I checked the closest Lowes here. They said they have been out of canning stuff for almost a week. The guy even found out for me that the nearest one that might have some is one a few hours away. We just don't go in there enough to catch the sales.

~gd

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
hilary13 said:
That's a nice deal.
Yep it WAS a nice deal but I suspect that you missed it by a few months. Look for it again in the late summer of 2013. Every store wants to have canning supplies during the season but doesn't want to get stuck with them until the season rolls around again. gestimating the amount to stock is a real art. Some will run out while there is still demand, and some will overstock. It was inventory control software that allowed Wal-mart to grow so big so fast.