lupinfarm's journal: a pretty little wilderness

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
lupinfarm said:
someone planted a grape vine down there sometime as theres at least 50ft of grape vine that is actually producing
Domestic or wild grape? (You cn still make good jelly out of some wild grapes though)

My sugar snap peas that I had seeds left from last year have sprouted.
Just curious, what are you going to do with them this early? Do you have a cool greenhouse?

Have fun,

Pat

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
patandchickens said:
lupinfarm said:
someone planted a grape vine down there sometime as theres at least 50ft of grape vine that is actually producing
Domestic or wild grape? (You cn still make good jelly out of some wild grapes though)

My sugar snap peas that I had seeds left from last year have sprouted.
Just curious, what are you going to do with them this early? Do you have a cool greenhouse?

Have fun,

Pat
Haha no idea, probably pot them for now...

And I think they could be domestic grapes because they're like wine grapes, they're pretty tastey though.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ughhhhhhh The truck is stuck AGAIN at the bottom of the hill by the chicken coop. The right side is off the driveway a bit and the tires just spin and spin and I'm afraid I'll burn out the transmission if I keep trying. We might have to walk into Marmora and see if we can find chains but there is no co-op, canadian tire, etc. in Marmora.

I have to walk the 2km to the bus stop tomorrow morning, I can't miss the first day of second semester. And our report cards come out on Wed. so that is just adding to my stress! ... I need a 70% in all three courses to get to university, and I'm afraid it might not happen.

patandchickens

Crazy Cat Lady
Reaction score
Sorry to hear it. The disadvantage of yesterday's nice weather! :p

Did you make it out?

Pine boughs or twiggy brush jammed under the offending tire(s) often gives you enough traction to get out when only 'somewhat' stuck. Not, of course, if severely buried or perched.

Good luck!

Pat

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We had something like 2ft of snow and with the warm temps it melted a bit and the tires couldn't find the driveway underneath. This morning it froze a bit which turned it all to ice but we managed to hammer some pieces of OSB (miracle stuff that is now LOL) under each tire (we have ONE, yes ONE tire ramp... which kept slipping out) and put it into 4x4 and out it came with a bit of pushing.

Gotta get the driveway plowed now!

Unfortunately my alarm clock didn't go off and I couldn't make it to the bus in time hence why i'm home. Though in a way it as a good thing I wasn't able to get to school...otherwise I'm sure the truck would have been there all day.

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well ... here it is! Our coops sign!

I still have to seal the sign against weather but it's good for now.

sign.jpg

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
OH I love your coop sign!!!! That's so cute!!

Are you getting a pony?

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We hope to be getting a pony, she's a 14hh Quarter Horse X Welsh Pony, very cute. The lady who owns the Rescue named her Crystal because she looked just like her first horse. If we get her we're going to rename her Socks because she has a couple socks. She's a bit on the thin side, but they pulled her out of the meat lot, they bid against the meat buyers for only the horses they believe would find loving homes and that could have a fulfilling life. Ie, they won't bid against lame horses, the very very old, or agressive horses.

She's very pretty, has some training and is a great size for my mum... who is only 5'5" and a great project for me to train and work with despite being too big to ride her.

Our first horse, Pal, was a rescue from Danny Barkey's place (Pat and Morel might know of him, Pat for sure lol) back when the majority of the horses that went through his place were boneracks destined for the meat lot. Pal had pieplate feet, worms galore, and was little training and was terrified of vets in coveralls and people touching his ears (he had been twitched on his ears). Now he's an old retired guy living out his days on my riding coaches ranch out west (also my mums best friend) and we're looking for a little project and a pony for mum.

Oh and she's 8 years old, Pal was 14 when we got him.