MaidInTexas-It is what it is! Tx Honky's journal

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Golly gee, why didn't I think of that relatives by appointment thing?

Love your attitude, wit and humor.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
I am happy my days of picking up toys and spanking are over:>) The problem is when your kids get to be teens you're picking up clothes and dishes...and you don't have many options left in the disciplinary field LOL!
Nice to meet you! Love your attitude!
That's what YOU think! :lol: :lol: I have a teen who can't seem to get out of bed on time, nor catch the bus that stops 10 ft. from the front door. Well, my patience had just about run out on that...I'd already made him walk to school once (3 miles) but actually gave him a ride for the last part on my way to work. I guess that didn't drive it home, so I made him walk again the other day....darn teacher picked him up about 20 yards down the road!

So.....I warned him if he didn't hit the floor running when the alarm went off I would dash cold water in his face and if he didn't catch the bus I would take his own belt off and make him look like a zebra! Yep, you guessed it....the next morning the alarm went off and I didn't hear the thumping of big ol' feet, so I tip-toed into his room. He heard the door open and started to get out of bed and I threw the water into his face. He sputtered around a bit, said, "I was getting...." but before he could finish, I said, "Too late! A promise is a promise!"

This morning he was up and ready for school 15 min. before the bus came, kissed me good-bye with a smile and a "I love you, Mom" and strolled onto the bus.

I was telling a lady at work who was having the same problem with her teen and she said, "You really wouldn't use the belt on him, would you?" and I gave her a shocked look and told her, "I never make an empty threat! Of course I would, that's why the boy was up and on the bus this morning!" :D

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Oh Bekissed you are priceless! I have used the water trick before, used it on my daughter once to stop her in her tracks when she was having a tantrum...I'll tell ya it WORKS WONDERS on a kid in a tantrum :lol:

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oooh another use for the cold water trick! I personally use it when they have been in the shower too long. My DH thinks it's cruel and unusual punishment.

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
oh Legos kill me!
:th
We've got tubs and tubs full of legos in the attic. DS is 17 now, but I just can't part with them. Except for the ones that found their way into the vaccuum cleaner bag. :lol:

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
poppycat said:
Oooh another use for the cold water trick! I personally use it when they have been in the shower too long. My DH thinks it's cruel and unusual punishment.
I just flush the commode in the laundry room for this one.....instant hot water in the shower! Gets em out quick!

Do you all find that boys take longer showers, in their teens, than do girls? One of my guy friends finally explained this to me and I've been pretty disgusted and forthright about it since then! I used to be downright mad when I was paying for the water bill! :/

poppycat

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
Do you all find that boys take longer showers, in their teens, than do girls? :/
Um yes they do. I find it's best not to ask too many questions about it :/

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Yeah, so I understand! :p I do bring it up when they take too long showers....tell them to not stage extra-curricular activities during shower times...."thats what your room is for"-type conversations. Its become somewhat of a joke around here....Boys!!! :/

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Boys definately take longer showers than girls. And not just in their teens. I don't know....I am pretty sure at the age they are now it is beyond the extra curricular activities. My 33 year old son with a wife and 3 kids still takes the longest showers. He just stands under the hot water until it is all gone. My DH does the same thing and so do both of his grown boys.

Latest posts