Maine...

DuppyDo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That sounds nice, 45 acrce, pond and yr round stream, i'd love to find a farm fitting that description with some nice outbuildings and a barn. I've seen a couple nice little farms up your way, searching the internet.I won't be able to make a move until i can sell my house here, which looks like will be some time.
Every street one drives down, For Sale signs,are everywhere.Its going to take some time for the glut of houses to be absorbed and the market improves...
Do you have sea scallops up your way..? We have bay and sea scallops,some of our bay scallops can get as big as a quarter, the sea scallops as big as, and bigger than silver dollar.Don't you folk have calico, as well..? or is that Fla.
Yeah, i know what you mean about going overboard in cold water.I lost a number of friends, mostly Tile fishing the deep water canyons offshore that way..
Interesting, about the insurance thing my you.I guess A__state enjoys beating on NY'ers...lol Although i have to say, long island is getting eroded at a pretty fast clip...! Plenty of those big ocean estate mansions have tumbled into the sea over the yrs, mostly from good old fashioned nor'easters...as opposed to hurricanes.
Well, i wish you good luck hunting down a nice property, that one you mentioned sure sounds sweet..!

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
DuppyDo said:
That sounds nice, 45 acrce, pond and yr round stream, i'd love to find a farm fitting that description with some nice outbuildings and a barn. I've seen a couple nice little farms up your way, searching the internet.I won't be able to make a move until i can sell my house here, which looks like will be some time.
Every street one drives down, For Sale signs,are everywhere.Its going to take some time for the glut of houses to be absorbed and the market improves...
Do you have sea scallops up your way..? We have bay and sea scallops,some of our bay scallops can get as big as a quarter, the sea scallops as big as, and bigger than silver dollar.Don't you folk have calico, as well..? or is that Fla.
Yeah, i know what you mean about going overboard in cold water.I lost a number of friends, mostly Tile fishing the deep water canyons offshore that way..
Interesting, about the insurance thing my you.I guess A__state enjoys beating on NY'ers...lol Although i have to say, long island is getting eroded at a pretty fast clip...! Plenty of those big ocean estate mansions have tumbled into the sea over the yrs, mostly from good old fashioned nor'easters...as opposed to hurricanes.
Well, i wish you good luck hunting down a nice property, that one you mentioned sure sounds sweet..!
No buildings on this deal. No biggy. About 2 hrs away Fits what we are looking for. We have a lot fo signs here too.
Sea scallops. Season opened today. Can't wait for my gallon next week. :)
Rocky shores up here help out a lot. :) Talk soon

DuppyDo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Ahhhh....thats nice TheFan, a gallon ...! Whats a gallon costing you...? Bay scallops have been fetching $20.00 lb...2 1/2 lb per qt.
Thats $50.00 a qt or $200.00 a gal...! Pricey little gold nuggets....lol this has been the best season for bay scallops in yrs around here.
We use to catch sea scallops out at the Butterfish hole about 17 mi. southeast of the Montauk Lighthouse dragging..That was an amazing place to fish, there was such a big variety of fish there you could literally open a fish store with your catch...! Lobster,rock crab, whitting, fluke, blackback flounder, yellowtail flounder, squid, cod, butterfish. scup, sea scallops, monkfish,it was a fish goldmine...lol...Thats one of the big attraction to Maine for me SEAFOOD....I'm a seafood junkie...! Its hard to give it up when you've eaten good local seafood all your life.I don't think i'd be happy to live in the mid-west or places far from the coast...
I'll get up there one of these days and find my little piece of heaven..!

THEFAN

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
DuppyDo said:
Ahhhh....thats nice TheFan, a gallon ...! Whats a gallon costing you...? Bay scallops have been fetching $20.00 lb...2 1/2 lb per qt.
Thats $50.00 a qt or $200.00 a gal...! Pricey little gold nuggets....lol this has been the best season for bay scallops in yrs around here.
We use to catch sea scallops out at the Butterfish hole about 17 mi. southeast of the Montauk Lighthouse dragging..That was an amazing place to fish, there was such a big variety of fish there you could literally open a fish store with your catch...! Lobster,rock crab, whitting, fluke, blackback flounder, yellowtail flounder, squid, cod, butterfish. scup, sea scallops, monkfish,it was a fish goldmine...lol...Thats one of the big attraction to Maine for me SEAFOOD....I'm a seafood junkie...! Its hard to give it up when you've eaten good local seafood all your life.I don't think i'd be happy to live in the mid-west or places far from the coast...
I'll get up there one of these days and find my little piece of heaven..!
I can get a gallon for 80-90 pending in what friend I go to. Sea is what we get. In store 11.99 The docks are paying 7-8 a lb last I saw. That's why I get them from a friend. The scallops are finally coming back. Fished them hard 5-6 yrs ago. Ours get as big as half dollars. Those make the best fritters. YUMYUM YUM!!! I hear ya on the seafood. If it wasn;t for my gout I would eat everyday. I personally have to live near water. I can handle fresh water living but I have to have some type of water. I love my winters too. Need snow too. Nother like working in 20 degree weather with -10 wind chill. Us Norsemen hate hot weather. :) We make good bed warmers .for the women though. :)

DuppyDo

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thats a good price.Those prices i gave were retail.I know a few local baymen, but they don't sell them wholeale.This time of yr they need every penny they can get and know they can sell all they catch retail.For super fresh though, you can't beat buying dockside. I've dealt with gout, it sucks but doesn't stop me fro eatng seafood...lol
Me, i'm not crazy about winter and snow, but also dislike hot summers. Ideal for me would be like , sunny everyday, 50-60 degrees...wishful thinkig....lol..
Hey, you sure got the right idea though for those cold winter night as a womans bed warmer..lol..Heading outta town tomorrow to visit family for Christmas, Happy Holidays...chat with ya next yr..