Making a little extra cash

kimnkell

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
tamlynn said:
I am a sahm mom, homeschooling my kids on a city lot, so my main way to "make" money is to spend as little of it as possible. :lol:

I also do make and sell I-spy bags, but nearly all by word of mouth. I don't have an online store or anything.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_JSp9rQfvWOE/SDzdun0LEkI/AAAAAAAAAG4/3is026wAEBA/s400/cow+front+green.JPG

http://tamlynnj.blogspot.com/2008/05/i-spy-bags.html

I have also done commissioned artwork and graphic design, but that also is by word of mouth.

When my kids were preschoolers, I taught a homebased preschool. That brought in money, but once my kids were older, it became too much.
I have never heared of them but they are so-ooo cute. Is it a game or something?

Cinebar

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Bettacreek said:
That's probably a regular truck load, which would be approximately a face cord.
I think you're probably right.

The guy I've been buying my firewood from sells it by the pickup load for $60.00 (delivered). That's an 8-foot bed and he stacks it in there to just above the sides.

We figure it's probably a little over 1/2 a cord per load.

Carolyn

Power Conserver
Reaction score
the I spy bags have been around for several years. you can make sports bags, dance bags, anything your heart desires. A popular I spy bag is the Alpabet bag where you put 26 little items in the bag, an item for each letter--ex a little apple for the letter A, then the child finds each item for the letter. I really like your colors and ribbon :) Some people use rice but the poly pellets are much nicer and look nicer. I would be afraid the rice might get wet and mold.

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thanks, Carolyn! You are right, they have been around for years. I made my first one in 2003. I have made many theme bags, alphabet bags too, X is the hardest letter.

I also tried rice at one time, but it left a dusty film on the inside of the vinyl.

KimnKell, yes its a great quiet game. Perfect for car rides, or any other sitting and waiting type places - Dr. offices, airplanes, church, etc. You just try to find all the objects inside. Its harder than it looks.

Thanks to others for the nice compliments!