Making it on small acreage

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
My heart goes out to you, it is very hard to understand why we have to lose our dear friends. :hugs

emilosevich

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Thank you for all of the prayers and hugs! They mean so much. We had his memorial service last night. It was such a great turn out. Standing room only in a small country church. Grandma(his mom) was so surprised at the number of people that showed up. We will be burying him tomorrow. It will simply be a few people as he was cremated. We are still dealing with it and the memorial was very nice. Made us remember all of the good times. DD at 5 asked if she could be there when we bury "Unkie". She is very understanding of this whole concept and I'm sure in a way it is a blessing of living on the farm and having dealt with animal death. I did have to explain to her that the grownups will be sad for a little while. DH is a little upset that I'm am going to let her go, but like I told him if she asked there is a reason. She is more grownup than 5 and is okay with everything.
Once again thank you all. He's one of those friends that's more of a family member than most of your family.

emilosevich

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Heading out to a craft show this morning. I've been working with another lady locally. She sets up at some of the local flea markets and other craft shows. She's been a God send to me. I really wanted to start getting my stuff out there. She can't get a day job so does homegrown farm products and sells them. It seems to be doing quite well. I'm hoping the warmer weather doesn't deter people from my homespun products. :idunno

I'm going to try going to the festival tomorrow to do some demonstrating. Gotta go drag out my costume. I actually don't mind wearing it. Isn't that kind of funny.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
:fl

Hope you have a great craft show. Don't forget to pot pictures of you table! :D

emilosevich

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sorry wifezilla. Couldn't get pictures of the table. LOL we were swamped a good majority of the time. I will see if I can get a picture of it another day. Its the same setup she uses for the flea markets. Such a great turn out and a couple of preorders. Quite a few ladies took my info and said they would think about stuff for Christmas presents. Overall I was very happy. Now to get back to crocheting. I am out of my sock monkey hats and actually backed up with 4 pre orders and she has no pumpkin hats to take out. Guess what I'm doing in my free time for a little while now. :barnie
I won't be able to head down to the fall festival today. Was looking at the farm and there is just way to much to do. The first time I've missed it in something like 8 yrs. I have to realize that with family obligations stepping up now some stuff with have to wait or get put aside for a little while.

On the farm front. The first 2 goats of the season are bred. Still have to go pick up the one from the farmer who has her. We'll be taking the Toggenburg out this week to get bred. Still trying to catch the stinkin lamancha in heat and then I can turn the buck loose to get everyone else bred.

Latest posts