Maryland

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I was thinking draft, maybe Percheron, but couldn't really tell. Do you ever ride at Fair Hills? It's about an hour from me, too. I'm in South Jersey, and that's one of my favorite places to trail ride.

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
yes, he's actually 1/2 perch, 1/4 shire, 1/4 warmblood. Goofy mutt is more like it :p He's a good boy, but we don't get out much. I have owned him for 3 years now, and he's 9 and finally settling down some. That 1/4 warmblood makes him a lot spicier than your typical draft. I don't own a trailer yet either, so that makes it a bit challenging. We'll get there eventually, and I do want to do more trail riding at some point, I just have to be very careful with my confidence and his. There are no little problems when your horse is 17.3 hh and 1800 lbs! :p
If you come down for the horse expo here in MD in January, you'll have to let me know. (in case you're not familiar with it, www.horseworldexpo.com )

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Can't make it, I'm having an operation then. I hope to be able to make Harrisburg. Do you ever go to that one? I didn't go last year, and boy did that feel weird! It's the first year I've missed since I got a horse.

As for size of horse, I think I'll stick w/my little 14.2 Arabian. It's not as far to the ground if you fall off! :lol: Actually, she's pretty good. I had to do a LOT of work w/her. I got her as an unhandled 5 yo, rescue. But, she rarely spooks on a trail ride, and when she does, she normally spooks in place. She's also learned that she won't melt in 1/2" of water, and she can go thru it w/out jumping it!

hqueen13

Reaction score
Oh bummer! That is no fun!! We rarely make it up to Harrisburg, we're usually working on lots of other things by then.
heh, well you do have more time to think about where you're going to land when you fall off a big horse!! I love my boy, but he certainly has challenged me a LOT. Its what I need to learn, so I'm ok with that.
Let me know if you ever want to come visit! We do lots of clinics here on all sorts of things at the equestrian center here!

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Same w/Misty. She wasn't what I wanted, but what I needed. And, in the 5 years I've owned her, I've learned so much. She still has her moments, but all in all, she's pretty good.

hqueen13

Reaction score
heh, yeah, the lessons hurt, but it makes you a better person for sure. I hope that some day we'll be able to do more things. We'll get there eventually! :p