May be getting a Jersey cow!!!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
They really varied. Most of the buy it now's were in the hundred dollar range. Every now and again you would see a seller with a low cost n the 30 dollar range, but I am sure they would go up. I saw one little pint size. The seller said not for use with food. I asked why, it had the cheapest price. The seller said the wood paddles were not food grade. Whats up with that? Are they made as decor? Or are they just covering their butts?

I actually saw one that was 1,000.00 I thought it must have been wrong. Are they that valuable?

I am going to keep my eyes on them. You never know. On holiday weekends things have a tendency to sell cheaper because no one is home bidding. I would like to have one, kinda like the hand grain mill.

g

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
They are collector's items and antiques...so they bring a pretty penny. I would love to have a crank one as a back up, but its not financially feasible.

The auction I went to had every size from a 6 in. tall one up to a 2 gal. The smallest one was a sample that the salesman would take around for demonstration of how it looked and how the mechanism worked. Sooooooo cute!

I would never buy something like a churn unless I intended to use it...otherwise it would be something else to spend time dusting! But that's just me......... practical to the bone! :p

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You mean I am supposed to be dusting all my stuff???:barnie Just kidding. I like the idea of the hand tools. :)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Free, my Back to Basics book shows how to make a cheese press and a cheese round. Now...to get my hands on coffee cans! :p

I just love that book! Even shows how to make a cider press using a car jack! :D

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Sorry :hu -- too new at the cheese thing to even make a guess. I do know if it gets too hot it gets tough and rubbery. That is what happened to my batch.

I have been doing the eBay thing for many years now and fortunately have only had one truly bad experience.

As far as the things to "dust" off ... I would rather dust off a whole pile of useful homestead tools than a whole pile of other junk. I just love old tools!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I USE my old tools, as I find they are much more sturdy than any new tools one can purchase. I love old tools too! :)