Meat Grinder Recommendations

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You can get these cute "rings" that you slip on the cob and twist....something to do with TV on. 😁 not so good if you have several acres of corn...but, small amounts ok.

I get all excited about a grinder and then come back down with knowing I'd only do a very few pounds...not worth expense then. But I do have a grind and stuff unit for my oster base unit. Enough for me and the amounts I do. Oh, have a clamp onto table unit, also.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
What do you use to shell and crack the corn?

Sheller
IMG_20201209_104517641.jpg

Grinder, it's heavy or I'm getting weak.
IMG_20201209_111429174.jpg

Last edited:

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Frequency/duration of use is a consideration. If it will take me longer to assemble/disassemble/clean than actual grinding time, I may be overpowering things. Lol. Lots of equipment not currently in stock....hmmmm

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I bought one of those little attachments for my kitchenaid mixer back around 2002. We lived in an apartment then, so it was perfect for my needs and limited space. I only had our little 7 cu ft upright freezer for storage along with the space above the fridge. Had to be an upright because of space issues. The microwave lived on it. Kitchen was tiny.

I haven't actually ground much meat since we came out here. When we buy half a cow we get a lot of burger. I'm very good at hitting deals at the store or restaurant supply.

If I was making sausages or doing my own butchering, I'd definitely look for a good one.

Fixit

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I to make do with a kitchen aid attachment. That said two friends have high dollared Cabels grinders and they say that it's best to have one heavy enought to grind the bones. They use them to make pet food for their dogs.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
We do have a heavy duty kitchen aid mixer....hmmm

Great suggestions/feedback, keep it coming!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I to make do with a kitchen aid attachment. That said two friends have high dollared Cabels grinders and they say that it's best to have one heavy enought to grind the bones. They use them to make pet food for their dogs.
Grind the bones? Really? I raise meat chickens and can the necks, gizzards, livers and hearts for the dogs. Grinding the bones means I could give chicken bones to the dogs. They love chicken.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Grind the bones? Really? I raise meat chickens and can the necks, gizzards, livers and hearts for the dogs. Grinding the bones means I could give chicken bones to the dogs. They love chicken.

My wife's Rottweiler loves turkey more than chicken. As a matter of fact he doesn't even care if it's cooked or not or if live or dead, that boy loves him some turkey. I got to keep him from the turkey pen else he sits and watches them, whining and drooling. He's a hot mess.