Meet Pearl, New Horse

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Between all the rain and us being sick for a month, I haven’t done much with anybody. DH is still a little off, but I am back to my version of normal. LOL

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Bay, you done any ground work with her yet? Would be cool to practice a little Clinton Anderson technique on Pearl and see how well she responds to them, huh?

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm up to my eyeballs in alligators. (meaning I set out to drain the swamp, but am up to my A$$ in alligators-a Southernism for I have been REAL busy) Explaination for those who don't have alligators. LOL

It has rained since September, any clear days, we usually had pressing things to do, then were sick for a month, then Christmas, NewYears (had to stay up with the dogs quaking in fear from the cannon boom of fireworks)

Last week we kept the little grand daughters for 2 days/nights, then the 11 year old plus a friend for 2 nights. Plus we had Trip neutered last Thursday and had a dopey 100 pound dog and 4 kids running amok in the house. LOL Saturday our son in law's father was killed in a 4 wheeler accident and DD and him left for Lubbock, Tx, a 6-7 hour drive. They will be back on Thursday. We took the 2 and 3 (4 next month) year old grand daughters home Saturday, the 11 year old went to a neighbor/friends house. Yesterday and today have been shirt sleeve weather, sunny, beautiful, gorgeous. About the time the little girls go home to their Mommy and Daddy, the weather will turn nasty again. Had a new lamb yesterday morning, haven't even got a picture of her yet. Whine, piss and moan. ;)

I NEED some outside time! I gave Pearl hugs a couple of days ago and told her that we would go riding soon!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I understand that...life just kind of gathers momentum, doesn't it? Pretty soon it steam rollers ya and you are left on the ground shaking your head and wondering what just happened!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
The 2 year old started puking Sunday night, about 10 minutes after I went to sleep. Her bed was a mess, she was a mess, I brought her to the living room and cleaned her up. I held her in my recliner, she puked some more and finally drifted off to sleep. I held her all night, didn't go back to sleep. She was up at 4:30, recharged and ready to go! I should have bought stock in Folgers coffee...…..