MEMAW BEING CARRIED AWAY BY ROACHES HELP!!

sundance

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
cackleberries said:
Beekissed said:
It is her landlord's responsibility to deal with this and she should make sure he does something right away. Once they get in your furnishings and appliances, you will take them wherever you go.
I totally agree with this however she lives in low income housing and its like pulling teeth to get them to DO ANYTING was hoping someone had an idea how to help slow down the infestation.
I Managed Low income apts for years and they were sprayed for bugs once A month. Have her complain to the manager and if she still does nothing PM me and I will give you a recipe that will get rid of them, but try the manager first, they have a paste they can put behind pix, under microwaves and other places that pets can't get to marrie

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I moved into a house once that had roaches. I took some clear sealer like you use for caulking, and went all over the house sealing every crack I could find including in closets and in cupboards, where the floor meets the wall by baseboards. That and some boric acid, I think it was, got rid of them.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I've had great success using powdered sugar and plaster of paris. Works on ants too. And mice if you mix a little peanut powder in it. It hardens inside them and they DIE.

noobiechickenlady

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thanks for the welcome!!
Read back through and saw that granny is roach free. Congrats!
I bought a used sofa that turned out to be filled FILLED!! with roaches. They infested my house. Gosh that was nasty.
Anyways, I had to end up using chemicals to actually get rid of them, but the plaster & sugar work wonders to keep them away once the glut of them is gone. One comes to investigate and dies before he can tell the others where the food is.

continuing to lurk and learn :D

detali

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Use borax for the roaches. You should be able to find it in the laundry aisle in a grocery store. Sprinkle it liberally in all the dark corners, cupboards, around the baseboards. It won't harm people or pets. But when the roaches walk through it they bring it back into their nests and that's the end of them. Keep the cark corners covered with the borax. Clean it up after a month or two and sprinkle on a fresh layer. I have had good sucess with that.