Member Titles

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hey Ann

just change my title to Farming for a Living

that is what I do and it describes me fine.

make a standard list and everyone pick one that they fall into or near. THANKS

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
the simple life said:
I am guessing I would be somewhere between a yard farmer or hobby farmer. Not sure what country living means exactly, if it just means you live in the country or if its some sort of level of sufficiency in between the two.
This is my idea of country living....living out where neighbors are few and far between with a little or a lot of land, whether you farm it or not ;)

You don't have to be any level of SS to be Country Living in my opinion. :)

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
FarmerChick said:
hey Ann

just change my title to Farming for a Living

that is what I do and it describes me fine.

make a standard list and everyone pick one that they fall into or near. THANKS
Done! :)

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thank you very much Ann

I like Farming for a Living....cause it is what I do!

I will not change this for a very long time! no need too......I can easily live wtih this forever...thanks! :)

It surprised me when I finally saw it..HA HA

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I dunno.....I kinda like Yard Farmer, that pretty much describes what I've got here. Hobby Farmer kind of means just diddling around with it, I got that magazine for a bit and decided it was yuppified 'farming', so that term kinda turns me off.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hobby farmer to me includes livestock animals on the property....like cow, hog, maybe you are into llamas, pheasants, or other niche animal markets BUT you are doing these things for more of an interest not for SS type situations.

yard farmer to me is a backyard garden with some chickens and some other smaller livestock to add and doing it more for SS reasons.

I dunno --just my interrpretations in my mind

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Oooo! I wanna be a yard farmer!!! I love that! Oh wait, I already am, aren't I??

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
Maybe somewhere on the list there can be something related to frugal living, -- and how about the word recreational as opposed to hobby-since it does give off airs. Or homesteader.

Because me personally I tend to shy away from the word farmer, as I only have three acres, and only raise what my family will eat. (exception being the horses, lol) So I would be a frugal homesteader.

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
miss_thenorth said:
Maybe somewhere on the list there can be something related to frugal living, -- and how about the word recreational as opposed to hobby-since it does give off airs. Or homesteader.

Because me personally I tend to shy away from the word farmer, as I only have three acres, and only raise what my family will eat. (exception being the horses, lol) So I would be a frugal homesteader.
Frugal Homesteader is a good one!