Member Titles

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
2dream how about:

Butterfly (since you like to flit about ;) )
Bejeweled Survivalist
Lifelong Learner
Chainsaw Wielding Animal Lover

Let me think.....

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Dace said:
2dream how about:

Butterfly (since you like to flit about ;) )
Bejeweled Survivalist
Lifelong Learner
Chainsaw Wielding Animal Lover

Let me think.....
You have me rolling on the floor laughing with that Bejeweled Survivalist.

Dacjohns - I don't know what a Flibbertigibbet is but it sounds a lot like me.

Edited to add: I looked up Flibbertigibbet - umm whimsical or fiend. I could be either. So I guess it really does fit me.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Edited to add: I looked up Flibbertigibbet - umm whimsical or fiend. I could be either. So I guess it really does fit me.

2dream
I think Dacs found you one fancy fitting name! :)

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
:weee I have my very own name. Doing the Snoopy Dance of Joy here. Now I feel special.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
dance of joy! :)

I know one thing 2dream, alot of newbies will be asking you---what in the heck does that title name mean???!
LOL-LOL

ChickaD

Country Living
Reaction score
Just refer them to the Sound of Music movie, where the word is used in the song, Maria.

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
:clap
2dream said:
Hobbies: chickens, rabbits and baking bread. I have probably a million dollars worth of jewelry making supplies. I was really big into that for a couple of years. Then I moved on to who knows what. DH says I flit from window to window and never settle on just one thing. I have a tendency to get bored with something once I learn how to do it. I want to learn how to do something else immediately after I finish my last project. I wanted to learn how to lay rocks so I built a backyard goldfish pond and a staircase going up a hill out of stone. Learned how to run the chainsaw and now I refuse to even pick it up. Made the guys at work teach me how to tig weld.
All these things, especially the flitting, made me think of The Sound of Music and How do You Solve a Problem Like Maria. Maria is described as a Flibbertigibbet (just saw the ChickD post, so yeah, you got it too). I Googled it to check the spelling and found out it is a real word. I thought it fit so I threw it out there. Wow, it took.

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
I love it - Thanks - its a great name. I went to youtube and listened to the song. Funny, as many times as I watched that movie I should have remembered that. I guess it has just been way to long.

Zenbirder

Frugal Vegetarian Farmer
Reaction score
Well I think I am finally ready for my title, if you all approve:

Frugal Vegetarian Farmer

I had a lot of trouble with just "vegetarian farmer" because that doesn't say anything about the other big parts of our different way of life but "frugal" kinda says it all...

From Wikipedia:
Strategies for frugality
Common strategies of frugality include the reduction of waste, curbing costly habits, suppressing instant gratification by means of fiscal self-restraint, seeking efficiency, avoiding traps, defying expensive social norms, embracing free (as in gratis) options, using barter, and staying well-informed about local circumstances and both market and product/service realities.

Philosophy
Frugality in the context of certain belief systems, is a philosophy in which one does not trust, or is deeply wary of "expert" knowledge, often from commercial markets or corporate cultures, claiming to know what is in the best economic, material, or spiritual interests of the individual.