Memes That Make You Giggle

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We try and pretend we are rural here, but there are farms in Tacoma and all the other smaller surrounding cities. We are actually 4 miles out of town and 2 miles out of the urban growth area.

So we have lots of choice on stores. There are 3 Walmarts within 12 miles. I only go into one of them under duress. Target is worthless as a store to me. They don't carry what I like and their prices are too high. They also try and get all your info if you try and buy cough syrup then say it's state law. It's not. They are only store that does that.

I usually shop Winco for food with a few things from Fred Meyer and some from one of the Safeways. Rare stops into Grocery Outlet.

There are other grocery stores as well. In summer there are farmers markets and off farm sales all over here.

I have no real need of Walmart.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
😬 I love self checkout.
1. No cashiers to be weird when I bring my own bags.
2. I'm faster than cashiers. (Except maybe ALDI cashiers)
3. Dramatically shorter wait time in lines, much less likely to faint in a store. Or no need to use my wheelchair.
4. No need to talk to cashiers. I love me some good small town small talk, but not at walmart. Walmart employees dont give a #$&* and aren't encouraged to. Just the store culture.

ALDI got some self checkouts. Best thing to ever happen in that store. I avoided the store because the checkout lines. Now it's quick and easy.

Jmo!

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You bag your own groceries at Winco. They have 2 long conveyor belts after the cashier. That way usually one opens by the time it's needed.

They do have a few self checkouts here. Good for if you only have a few items, not for lots.

I've been using cloth bags for decades now. Got tired of plastic bags that tear and Trader Joes had nice canvas ones.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Screenshot_20221210-161458_Chrome.jpg

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Shoots! And I thought that was only Puertorican grandmas,lol
So the following question would be; Do they use old plastic butter containers to put leftovers? Our did and I have done it too. Trust me, is not a matter of not having good nice expensive containers,lol

Latest posts