Memes That Make You Giggle

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
C rations were the most disgusting meals ever. The new mre's were not that much better,lol

But c rations came at least with a cigarette, lol

to get the taste of the ration out of your mouth? or to kill you (at least then they couldn't say the death was from the food)?

to be a bit more serious here, i've not had any c-rations but i have had a few MRE's and they weren't nearly as bad as some things i've made/eaten.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
to get the taste of the ration out of your mouth? or to kill you (at least then they couldn't say the death was from the food)?

to be a bit more serious here, i've not had any c-rations but i have had a few MRE's and they weren't nearly as bad as some things i've made/eaten.
I used to collect everyone's salt packets to be OK with those mre's. I always took those marching noodles and cracker when I could so I could eat. Except out of country which had not a lot of choices,lol

I think the cigarettes were to make you feel satisfied of having a meal,lol and it was just one with one match.

Dreamz

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
These are for my peoples lol Screenshot_20221129_111000.jpg

Screenshot_20221129_111822.jpg

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score

Dad worked at an army chemical dump built in WW2. They'd come across things like the C rations occasionally. The guards would get to share them out to try.

The MREs I've had were ok. Better than some of the hiking stuff I've tried. Better than the biscuits Id got at one of the grocery stores here once. I couldn't even swallow the bite of biscuit. Someone must have dumped whole bags of baking soda and salt in them.