Menus for Frugality

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
i'm going to see if i can get a little bump up in the temperature this summer. even a few degrees would help me a lot. we'll see how it goes. :)
Maybe just a degree or so at a time, over time, wouldn't be noticed? She'd acclimate without realizing it.

I know this year I did this with heat, wearing more layers and I did acclimate some. I hate cold, so I've even impressed myself :lol: but when cold, just had to get warm!!!

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Maybe just a degree or so at a time, over time, wouldn't be noticed? She'd acclimate without realizing it.

that used to be my normal plan for the summer. she notices it more now and she knows what degrees things are at so she gets stuck on wanting it at a certain temperature when the humidity changes a lot and it is more tolerable at a higher temperature. i pay attention to how things feel, she goes by hard numbers. :) we're funny.

I know this year I did this with heat, wearing more layers and I did acclimate some. I hate cold, so I've even impressed myself :lol: but when cold, just had to get warm!!!

we normally have a few layers of clothes on and our hats too. i don't feel cold that often - feel the cold a lot more when we get the damp rains and higher humidity in the later spring or more winds. the house is pretty good compared to where it used to be - i've caulked a lot of cracks closed.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
back to menus for frugal living. today i had a few boiled eggs for brunch (one with hot sauce and one without) a few spoonfulls of whole milk yogurt and then we had nuked potatoes with some butter and a bit of sour cream. i told Mom that if she wanted to use the extra nuked potatoes for potato salad i'd not mind at all if she left the skins on. i'm not sure if that was a yes or no in response from her. i guess we'll see... :)

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
@Trying2keepitReal I've been freezer and canned eating, some of same reasons. Plus saves $ and allows buying other things needed. That's WHY we preserve food. then we buy and not use...:he. Guilty! I'm trying to condition myself to pantry shop first, always. Looking at what I use most and can grow/produce here. I'll have herbs growing this year to dry, paprika peppers to dry & grind, plus establishing a garlic bed. Love that stuff.

Now, find storage for more empty jars. 🤔 not a bad problem to have!

eta...meats are not hard. Takes longer in canner and only use pressure canner.