1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official SS Poll: What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Donation Requests - Support Sumi's Health Recovery Fund - Featured Thread
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. SS Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Menus for Frugality

Discussion in 'Financial Management & Budgeting' started by ChickenMomma91, Apr 3, 2016.

1. Oct 22, 2016
    lcertuche

lcertuche Almost Self-Reliant

It's cinnamon rolls this morning for the Wildbunch. The dough is rising now. Pretty quick to mix in the blender. I just use my regular bread recipe and add and egg to it. Roll it out. Spread butter, on the dough, pour sugar over it and cinnamon it heavily. Roll up, slice and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven. Bake until done, about 25 minutes, give or take a few minutes. I usually don't bother with a glaze. Much cheaper than the bakery.

baymule likes this.
  2. Oct 22, 2016
    NH Homesteader

NH Homesteader Super Self-Sufficient

Oh wow I'm so thrilled with the idea I'm making that too now. Never made my own. Which is silly, it's so easy!

My husband and daughter are about to be happily surprised. I don't ever have powdered sugar on hand so they don't get glaze either.

3. Oct 22, 2016
    lcertuche

Good for you. It's not hard at all. You can make monkey bread easy too, just cut raw biscuits (or raw rolls) in fourths and roll in butter, sugar place in a round greased cake pan or bundt pan and bake in a preheated 350 degree oven for about 40 minutes give or take a few minutes.

4. Nov 15, 2016
    lcertuche

Well being a bible believing woman I told my family we were going to believe God for some deer meat last week and promptly forgot. Well my friend called this a.m. to tell me that her husband killed a deer and she didn't want the front shoulders and did I want it. I did and now I have 3 bags (about 11/2 pound a piece) and some bones for soup. It will make some good stew this winter. My husband reminded me about the prayer and my son was excited to see how God works. He's(God) not magic but He is faithful. "You have not because you ask not." James 4:2

Now that's going to be some frugal meat based meals!

baymule likes this.
  5. Nov 16, 2016
    baymule

baymule Sustainability Master

God answered your prayer!

lcertuche likes this.