Menus for Frugality

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Bay is right :idunno:old

Survivalists tell you to "test" unknowns with just a taste, if you don't get sick (or die) then, may be "ok" to eat.

Some things are known from past people testing :hide If you think about it, most things "can" be an issue -- toxins form, leaves are good, stalks kill you, etc. Geesh, if we don't eat we know for sure we are goners.

I will take the challenge of raw milk ANY day....given the challenges of some other foods. :old

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Reminds me of the scene in Caveman where the tribe has Ringo Starr test out the fruit on an obvious cannabis bush... lol

lcertuche

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I love bean soup or bean based soups. I make split pea at least every week or two in the winter. Last week I made a bean with bacon soup. Taco soup which has a lot of beans in it. So much protien, calcium and so filling.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You know, if cut & sliced on the round, those zuks will even look like an apple slice.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Fry a skillet of bacon. Chop half a head of cabbage and cook in the bacon grease. Crumble the bacon over the cabbage and season to taste with soy sauce.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's our favorite way to do cabbage too...I don't use the soy sauce, I use a touch of balsamic vinegar. Good eating!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I do cabbage like that! Like it crispy, add a little pepper generally. Depends what else if being served with it as to anything else.

Next day fry up some onion & ground beef, add leftover fried cabbage, some chopped tomatoes and juice, some kidney beans. You can add more broth & make soup, when I do that I often throw in a bay leaf, maybe some corn, carrots, more beef broth. Potatoes optional -- depends on what I want to use up. :cool: