Method for humane chicken euthanasia?

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
oh. Now I feel dumb. Ok, I read that thread and now I think the hatchet is the best way. Thankfully my husband said he would do it.

Tony O

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
One of the most humane ways to do the deed. Place your bird in closed box with a hole and a hose, like a vacuum hose taped into the hole. The other end of the hose attached to the end of a muffler of your car/pick up. Start it up and he/she will soon go to sleep, never to wake up again.

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Tony O said:
One of the most humane ways to do the deed. Place your bird in closed box with a hole and a hose, like a vacuum hose taped into the hole. The other end of the hose attached to the end of a muffler of your car/pick up. Start it up and he/she will soon go to sleep, never to wake up again.
Unless you drive a Prius. :p I think the chicken would starve to death first.

Team Chaos

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Oh Tamlyn, I'm sorry- I didn't mean to come across sharply! I am so sorry you have to make this decision... (but your comment about the prius did crack me up).

tamlynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
No, no, you weren't sharp at all. Wait, that doesn't sound quite right... :rolleyes: No worries.

So after spending a half hour locating the hatchet, my husband was all ready to do the deed and he picked up the chicken and decided she is looking better. :rolleyes: Juliet the chicken lives on.

Team Chaos

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
HA HA HA- that sounds like how it goes around here too!