Milking Time Photos.

pioneergirl

Wannabe Pioneer
Reaction score
Great photos!!! Its funny, the whole thing is about a great goat milking experience and here I am thinking "OMG I love Robin's boots!" yeah, I'm goofy that way.

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
I love goats! And so does my SO. If only we didn't have to get rid of kids to milk them they'd be perfect. (I tend to hold on to animals who I help birth... :love)

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You all are looking at the fashion show and I'm here 30 miles east of Tucson wondering where all that green grass is!!! :ep

Wonderful pics!

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The Vail Benton's said:
You all are looking at the fashion show and I'm here 30 miles east of Tucson wondering where all that green grass is!!! :ep

Wonderful pics!
The pasture you see is on River Road here in Tucson. The goats are kept at the Waldorf School on River between Dodge Rd. and Sutton Road. We have lots of "green" here in town due to all the rain recently.

Robin was keeping the goats at her home, in the foothills, but... they were a bit noisy and she didn't want the neighbors to complain. They had chickens too, but the coop and run were not "preditor proof" and the chickens were killed recently by coyotes. Very sad.

Robin is from a different "era" or would like to be that is... She is such a neat lady!! She homeschooled her daughers (2) who are now all grown up. One is a nurse, the other is a Music Teacher. Both in their early 20's. The girls started attending college about age 14 or 15, the one teaching Music, has a Master's degree in Music. They are a WONDERFUL family!!

We would all like to live on a farm... but this is as close as it gets at the moment. (Since our husbands are not the "farmboy" types, yet they appreciate the fresh eggs and milk. And are tolerant of our dreams of a bygone era.)

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Rebbetzin said:
The Vail Benton's said:

Wonderful pics!
The pasture you see is on River Road here in Tucson. The goats are kept at the Waldorf School on River between Dodge Rd. and Sutton Road. We have lots of "green" here in town due to all the rain recently.

Robin was keeping the goats at her home, in the foothills, but... they were a bit noisy and she didn't want the neighbors to complain. They had chickens too, but the coop and run were not "preditor proof" and the chickens were killed recently by coyotes. Very sad.

Robin is from a different "era" or would like to be that is... She is such a neat lady!! She homeschooled her daughers (2) who are now all grown up. One is a nurse, the other is a Music Teacher. Both in their early 20's. The girls started attending college about age 14 or 15, the one teaching Music, has a Master's degree in Music. They are a WONDERFUL family!!

We would all like to live on a farm... but this is as close as it gets at the moment. (Since our husbands are not the "farmboy" types, yet they appreciate the fresh eggs and milk. And are tolerant of our dreams of a bygone era.)
Oh River Road! sort of by Green Things Nursery I'm thinking? That area is so different now since the widening project and the Alvernon Bridge. I'd forgotten how pretty it is.
I hope to see more of you here again as it's nice chatting with someone who lives so near!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ok, so I have to admit I noticed her boots and apron as well. I love the length of the apron. I am going to have to make one like that. The goats are beautiful. Thank you for sharing the pictures.

gina