Milking Time Photos.

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The Vail Benton's said:
Oh River Road! sort of by Green Things Nursery I'm thinking? That area is so different now since the widening project and the Alvernon Bridge. I'd forgotten how pretty it is.
I hope to see more of you here again as it's nice chatting with someone who lives so near!
Yes, very near Green Things!! The widening project, I HATE IT!!
I used to be able to just go straight on Dodge to River. Now I can't do that! Our congregation buildings are just east of Dodge on River, it used to be so much easier to give people directions!!

I love the area there, still kind of "countyish" Over on Tanque Verde on the way to Mt. Lemmon is a really nice area for animals too.

Years ago I lived on Mt. Lemmon. It would be nice to have some goats up there!!

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My DH's Auntie & Uncle live off of Cat Hwy - I know where you're talking about - it's very pretty.

Tucson seems to be one great big widening project these days... I know how you feel.

Mt. Lemmon would be a nice place for homesteading but are livestock allowed up there?

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
The Vail Benton's said:
My DH's Auntie & Uncle live off of Cat Hwy - I know where you're talking about - it's very pretty.

Tucson seems to be one great big widening project these days... I know how you feel.

Mt. Lemmon would be a nice place for homesteading but are livestock allowed up there?
We HAD a cabin up there, it is gone now, burned up!! Thankfully we no longer owned it when the big fires came. I lived up there back in the early 1980s. My son attended the Zimmerman Elementary School up there. We had 10 students and two teachers and a teacher's aide. It was a "one room" school, (Well really two rooms, it was modular building.) The kids would learn more in a week than they did down in town for a whole semester! They had computers and all kinds of fun stuff!

Anyhow, Back then, there were a few goats, Guinea Fowl and chickens on the Mt. There were about 100 year round residents. The land up there is more Gov't lease than private ownership. But, there are quite a few private parcels. I loved it up there!!

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Family members rented cabins up there for Thanksgiving and we didn't get to go - it would have been sooooo nice! But being our first married Thanksgiving, I wanted to cook our meal myself.

I wasn't here for the big fire but I did get in on some of the paving during the restoration process at Summerhaven, and on some of the road up to the restaraunt. We staged our trucks along the side of the road and at one point, near the service yard up there, I was sitting eye level with a hawk who was perched on the charred remains of a tree - he sat there staring at me, so I got out of my truck. He was big, proud, and definitely unafraid of me. It was a neat experience.

I also got to deliver some material (I can't remember what it was) to one of the camp grounds near a lake - I wish I could remember what it was called - I was sad that I didn't get to see the lake.

I bet living up there was grande.

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
:thumbsup
Really enjoyed hearing about your fun day and seeing the pics. Thanks for sharing!

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
Great pics. But I thought you were going to tell me where I could get those boots. :p

Not sure what I am doing yet. But if you can find out where she got those boots that would be great.

gina
pioneergirl said:
Great photos!!! Its funny, the whole thing is about a great goat milking experience and here I am thinking "OMG I love Robin's boots!" yeah, I'm goofy that way.
OK!! I heard from Robin!! Here is what she said...

Dear Heidi,

The boots were purchased approx. three years ago at Western Warehouse. They are called Double-H Boots and are so comfortable...just make sure you have time to lace them up....it's not that bad.....I just usually have my hands full with milking gear!
Love ya,

Robin

Maybe you can find them on line, I will google it... Yep!
Here is a link..
http://www.doublehboots.com/SearchResults.asp

Here is another link
http://www.onlineshoes.com/womens-d...d53603?mybuyscid=8990560726&mbs=w&mbpz=prod_1

Kim_NC

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
What fun! Loved the pics and friendly goats.

But I must confess, I too was drawn to the apron and boots. LOL

Latest posts