Mineral Supplements for Your Sheep and other Livestock

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Here is a subject of great importance that is not often covered by most homesteading info. I thought a little video should be in order.

I hope it helps some of you new to livestock

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
@Farmfresh , you showed a video of lead training a lamb. What kind of lead rope were you using? I need something that will work on all sizes of sheep. The old halters we inherited with this farm are breaking so it's time to pick something out.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Yes, they have great products. I love the yoke looking holder for sheep & goats....great idea. The customer service is good -- they actually use them!! So, they know what they (& you) are talking about. In fact, I need to order a couple of the heavy step ins for the electric netting. Thanks for a reminder.

I like that they offer free instructions for things like feeder & hay racks to build. Helpful hints with many things.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
I really liked the information on sulfur block here by FF. I use sea kelp and salt mix for my loose minerals but will definitely be looking for a sulfur block as well...I imagine the ingestion of the sulfur also repels parasites of all kinds, both internal and external.