Molly's kidding thread~Buckley improved~just waitin' on a normal poo

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
She had a buckling! It looks a lot like the others.

I think she is having a second. She has the end of the placenta from number one and then also a seperate sac like thing coming out? She is still pawing.

Unfortunately she is rejecting the kid!!!!!!!!!!!

What can I do? She keeps head butting it. I got her to nurse it within an hour but she has not accepted it. I had to get someone to watch that she doesn't hurt it while I came in here to ask.

I had her lick the goo like I read on Fiasco farms site. She is not really hurting it, but when it comes near her she butts it.

Poor baby wants her so bad and she is being mean.

Any ideas?

I think she is still in labor but I thought that with Ginger too. But Ginger did not have another empty fluid filled sac emerging like this. It has been kind of hanging there since the birth of the first kid.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I would think another sack = another baby, but I also thought that placenta meant it's all over. :barnie
Edit your post title to say emergency help needed to grab some attention.
Just keep trying to get her to accept it, that's the best I can give you :hugs

savingdogs

Queen Filksinger
Reaction score
Okay I edited the title. She has not passed any placentas. Only one tissue piece or whatever you call that is hanging out, and then a seperate clear bag of fluid. She is having contractions I can see from looking at her vulva.

We did pin her against the wall and Trouble got her to let the kid nurse (of course, while I was warming up the colostrum milk! )

But I think there will be another one.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It might be time to in and check if it's been an hour and you see a bag.

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
It's pretty common for them to be scared of the baby if they're a first timer. You'll just have to hold her and let the kid nurse until she decides to be a mom. :)

aggieterpkatie

Swiss Army Wife
Reaction score
And is the bubble a short one right at her vulva? Or is it tissue hanging low just holding fluid?