MorelCabins Quilts...Entered McCalls Contest!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
How ya doing by the way?? :D
Doing well...still looking for that perfect home in the country...but it REALLY seems that God wants us to stay right here...can't figure it out! On the bright side...I have great neighbors, and I am starting to love the neighborhood. I am going to add more gardens this year now that the landscaping part is done:)
I have found a new love for frozen vegies...oh so much better than canned...why didn't anybody tell me that before! They are like fresh picked! LOL!
I am really looking forward to spring, but it just keeps snowing :(
Oh! And I am starting to get orders for my quilts...not alot but enough to keep me going for now without exhausting me! LOL!
I gotta go catch up on some journals in here and find out how everyone else is doing!

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Hey, I'm still plugging way on my quilting, though I haven't done a whole lot since Christmas. In fact I gave my sister this wall hanging, but took it back to put the binding on it. :/ Still haven't done it. :rolleyes: I have until the end of March when I see her for a wedding. Have another to finish machine quilting. I did get the gloves that have been helpful. Thanks

467_december_2010_039.jpg

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Hi Sandra :) All my quilts are designed by me...I really don't know how to follow patterns. I kind of just start cutting. Thanks for the wonderful comments.

Here is the Eagle I spoke about on another thread...this one was outright 'commissioned' by God. He laid it heavily on my heart to do this for someone and he guided my hands and heart through the whole process.

"AND WE SHALL RISE UP WITH WINGS AS EAGLES..."
Wow. I don't get how you do that intricate type of stippling. Mine is much bigger/farther apart. I won't even go into how the applique/piecing you do astounds me.

I love to plan and piece. Always loved putting puzzles together. But when it comes to the actual quilting of layers and binding, I lose my enthusiasm.

I am reading some about quilt as you go methods. That may be fore me. ;)

goldenluver

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I love the quilts! It's still to soon for me to ba able to post pics here. We do quilt block swaps over on the BYC site.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
BeccaOH said:
Hey, I'm still plugging way on my quilting, though I haven't done a whole lot since Christmas. In fact I gave my sister this wall hanging, but took it back to put the binding on it. :/ Still haven't done it. :rolleyes: I have until the end of March when I see her for a wedding. Have another to finish machine quilting. I did get the gloves that have been helpful. Thanks

http://www.sufficientself.com/forum/uploads/467_december_2010_039.jpg
Love the tree! I am really gearing up to try and do a pieced quilt...I have to say it scares the dickens outta me:) Triangles are not easy!
As for the faces and things in the quilting...it does come with practice. If you are already machine quilting this isn't that big of a step away. Start with a coloring book picture, pin it onto your quilt and follow the lines...it will surprise you! Then you will only get more creative and start doing your own things...like bullrushes around moose applique and stuff. Have fun with it!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Here is my latest work in progress. After this i think I am going to start working on creating my own patterns for more simple applique that I can sell as a kit in the quilt shop i am hoping to open next fall.

wgzk2.jpg

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
That is really cool morel! Wish I could do something like that...LOVE the detail work!