MorelCabins Quilts...Entered McCalls Contest!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
BeccaOH said:
Goodness, you blow me away! :clap I'm panicking because I'm at the point where I now need to machine quilt my 2 tops, and I've never done it before. I have given up at the point before, and I just need to plug through and get it done whether it is perfect or not.

LOVE Lola's photo. :love
You will do fine...just keep the foot pedal steady and follow with your hands...do you have a pair of quilting gloves? They really do make all the difference in the world.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
your title needs to be "quilting queen"!!!!

I have a quilt that I am doing for my MIL...her adopted mother's mother used to make custom quilts. Her house is falling down and we went to see if there was anything left in it and after crawling through the vines with flashlights to get in the back door we found completed quilt squares, several huges boxes of fabric with the tags still on it from "Piece Goods" that she had never used, and tons of fabric squares she had already cut out for some project.

The house looks like it has been ransacked but I got out all the quilt squares I could find and have enough to do 2 quilts. I'm doing one for MIL for xmas and one for her birthday.

I couldn't believe that in all that fabric, for who knows how many years it has been sitting in that house, we didn't find one single solitary piece of mouse droppings. Must have been lots of snakes around cause everythiing looked pretty good. Dusty but good. You can see through the floor and the roof is caving in in places. My MIL got some dishes and other sentimental things out of the house but we are going back for more fabric, 2 antique quilting frames and a table and chairs. Craziness!

I'll share some pics on another thread when I get it done.

your quilts are fantastic Morel!!!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Awesome find Lori! Can't believe the materials are still intact! You will definitely have to post a pic when you're done!

walnuthollow

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Oh Morel, I just saw this thread and your quilts are beautiful! I especially like your son's log cabin one. Did you use a pattern or put it together yourself? I really want to make some but never seem to get started. Thanks for sharing your pics. Sandra

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Hi Sandra :) All my quilts are designed by me...I really don't know how to follow patterns. I kind of just start cutting. Thanks for the wonderful comments.

Here is the Eagle I spoke about on another thread...this one was outright 'commissioned' by God. He laid it heavily on my heart to do this for someone and he guided my hands and heart through the whole process.

"AND WE SHALL RISE UP WITH WINGS AS EAGLES..."

23lhx5h.jpg

34y1uzs.jpg

And in the borders I stitched in a few 'cree ancestors' since the recipient of the quilt was a cree man
rcv510.jpg

moolie

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
That is absolutely beautiful.