Morel's Country Cottage Wow! What a weekend! Fires, chemical spills

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Wow you have been busy! Work work work huh? LOL! Best get it done in the spring, then enjoy the summer.
Raised beds make a huge difference, especially if you pack them full enough that the weeds can't find room to make an appearance. I love my raised beds!

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Beautiful baby pics! She is a doll :)

Hope you had fun at your son's graduation...it is hard to watch them grow sometimes when you know that they will be on their way out in a few short years!

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Morel, your rabbitry looks great. the bunnies all look happy and healthy. :thumbsup

The baby is adorable. Those squishy cheeks are just perfect. :love

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh totally, we put the first raised bed in today...landscape fabric'd under it and around the outside of it. It's 10 inches deep, 5 feet wide, and 20 feet long with a big 2x6 brace in the middle and the corners braced. Eventually I'm sure it'll need more braces, but for now it's doing pretty good. We still have lots of time in this season, I'm putting in more corn, spinach, and lettuce.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Your gardens sound wonderful Lupin!

It has been rainign here all week...I am bored...and not in the mood to do anything productive anymore :( I hate rainy weeks. I do however LOVe a good thunderstorm when they happen. We had a bold of lightening come down so close to the house yesterday that I heard a buzz in the recroom for a minute after. That was a little scary...I was on the computer and something flashed behind me in the recroom. I haven't figured it out yet.

On the plus side...my bank made a booboo last week when I made a deposit and it seems they haven't caught it yet...hehee...I'm $5000 richer than I was :bun Just waiting to see how long it takes for them to catch it, but judging by the deposit receipt I really think it might be there to stay...would be NICE!!! I am really unsure whether to fess up to them or just spend the money...after all, they have taken ALOT of mine in recent years!

Everything is good here...Lolaa is growing like a weed!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
MY bank never makes one of those mistakes! Always the other way.... :(

Got that baby spoiled rotten yet? Is she sleeping more at night now? Feeding schedule? Breastfeeding?

Remember....I'm living my grandma life vicariously through you, Morel, so I have to have the details! :D

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
How is the quilting coming along, MC? I used to love rainy weather for the excuse to get some quilting done... :)

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Kel was reading my mind.....quilt progress??? Any new projects going?

Have a happy 4th!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Ahhh, my rainy weather here is an excuse to get housework done lately...haven't even looked at my sewing machine lately...no interest this time of year:>) Quilting is for winter. We have had company on top of company every week since May!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
We went camping last night, on the pontoon boat. I made a bed by putting a piece of plywood across two seats and and air matress. Packed up brought everything but the kitchen sink...and we froze our patooshies off all night, fought for blankets...everytime DH rolled over the cold got under the covers and I nearly froze to death! Never again on a rainy night...we were craving something different to do with all this rain.
THis afternoon my dog was in the front yard and believe it or not a gopher or groundhog or something like that jumped out of no where and attacked her! It was the strangest thing...so my 15 year old son runs for his hatchet while the dog is having a standoff with the groundhog, and then he's in there too, barefoot with shorts on, weilding this little hatchet! Ahhhh, kids dogs and gophers.
So I hear the ruckus and run down there to see what's going on...the dog is chasing the groundhog and my son is getting in behind so they have it cornered. I made them let it go on it's way...I have never seen it here before...can't figure out why it actually attacked the dog, but nbo blood was shed so I guess everyones gonna be okay.
I have a freind coming over with her rabbits tonight, we're going to get them ready for the freezer for her...interesting day!