Morel's Country Cottage Wow! What a weekend! Fires, chemical spills

Ldychef2k

Survival Chef
Reaction score
Your beautiful home and property shows just how much work you have done. It will sell quickly, no doubt, and you can move to town with a smile, knowing that you have skills and experiences that your nieghbors cannot even guess at !

Kris

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Morel, I hope you and your dh enjoy this new adventure. There are many things still to do even on a city lot. keep us posted on this winters quilts. I can't wait to see them. :D

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Awww, thanks Bee! You are such a Blessing!
Ldychef and tanks...you are both so...so right! I have learned so many skills on my self sufficient adventure and can take loads of it to town with me...and plan on it! I will have the best and most useful backyard in town, and I will can all my produce too! I am sop much looking forward to landscaping a smaller property, it will be a snap!
And I will have loads of time to quilt this winter. I will continue to post for sure, I have made many good friends here!

PamsPride

Should be Sewing
Reaction score
Your place is beautiful!! I am sure it will sell quickly!! Good luck in your new adventures!

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Morel, you're not giving up on SS, you're making even more possible for you to live as self-sufficiently as you can, for where you are, right now. I'm sorry your son is giving you further problems - I have a dear nephew in a mental hospital right now, long story and I won't clutter up your thread with it, but it's very sad, too. Good luck with your sale, and enjoy your newfound freedom this winter.

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
Morel your place looks beautifull. But I understand about getting tired of all the work involved. And it is amazing how much you can do with less property. I have spent most of my life in cities and with small back yards. One gets very creative with growing what one wants, I did a lot of vertical (trellis) growing. What you cannot grow, you might be able to buy from local farmers. My Mother does that. She grows what she can and buys the rest. She still gets good deals and good produce that she freezes.
Good luck to you.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Perchance God is putting you where you will be to benefit someone else. Could be someone else just desparate to learn and you moving right into the neighborhood! ;)

Everything happens for a reason in this life. :)

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
Hugs! Can't have been an easy decision. If we were looking to move we'd seriously consider your beautiful place. :cool:

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Morel, what a beautiful home. I hope for your sake, it sells quickly. I am sure it will. Dont think for one minute that moving to town means you are giving up on being SS. Just being SS in town, thats all. There is a reason for everyything we do...sometimes we dont know right away. Maybe someone who lives a stressfull life, has the NEED to move out there, where you have created a beautifull place. More important, this will be mentally healthy for you, and DH. I can't waite to see your quilts. Thats a gift, I have not mastered. :/ I tried once...and the product of my labor, is still in a box...somewhere. :rolleyes: I tried to do the " all by hand, patchwork, flannel quilt" Yeah, well, the top is done...and thats all! :lol: Maybe one day my life will settle down, and I will be able to finish it. :lol: Good luck on your new adventure.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Awww, thanks for the support everyone, you guys are all so wonderful and supportive, and you have no idea how much I appreciate that right now:>)