Morel's Country Cottage Wow! What a weekend! Fires, chemical spills

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Congrats, Morel! I can just imagine how excited you must be for the new home! :D

punkin

Don't Quote Me
Reaction score
And just where are the pictures?

We want to see progress. :D

Congrats on groundbreaking.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Wow, when I see God work in my life in totally awesome ways I just have to share! This is unbelieveable!
The sale on our house fell through...it isn't sold. That means we can't go ahead with the build. So as disappointed as I am I decided that God must have another plan. As embarrassing as it is we had to go back and see the builder and let him know that we couldn't go ahead with it. No contract was signed as of yet, but my dream was seemingly shattered. Maybe...
So my husband went off to see the builder this AM and explained what happened and that we had to beg off the build because we haven't sold the house yet.
Here I sit with the deposit in my purse in the form of a bank draft, and I guess it is going back to the bank.
The builder has other plans...HE IS BUILDING IT ANYWAY! And we don't have to put a deposit on it! The house has to be started now anyway because the basement has to be put in really soon or else it will have to wait for spring. So it isn't technically ours, but it is our plans, and if we haven't slod the house then the builder will put that house up for sale.

So really, all that has changed is that we don't have a $400 a month payment to make for the next four months. (which would have really strapped our finances) Yes, God truly does work in wonderful ways! I just had to share that!

keljonma

Epicurean Goddess
Reaction score
Oh, Morel, I think I know how you must feel. I just went through something similar in our recent move (not building a house, though). Maybe that site wasn't where He wanted you. Maybe He didn't want you strapped with that $400/mo payment at this time. Maybe He has something else in store for you that is better. I know and you know He loves us, and blesses us daily. :hugs

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
I'm actually pretty happy! I still have full confidance that it will happen. And if it doesn't I will deal with it then:>) I have peace with it all, no matter what ;)

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Ugh, tire kickers? ... What were the conditions on the sale of your house? The sale of theirs? ... I hate when that happens.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
lupinfarm said:
Ugh, tire kickers? ... What were the conditions on the sale of your house? The sale of theirs? ... I hate when that happens.
Actually it's not tire kicking at all...I am learning so much through this! It is God's way of making everything come together. Seriously, I was so disapointed, but i just stood firm in my faith and asked Him to show me what He is doing...I have a very clear picture now and I am more confidant than ever that everything is coming together in a much better way. Chateaux Morel is still breaking ground and my finances aren't tied up into it...how much better can it get?

2dream

Flibbertigibbet
Reaction score
Can't get much better than that Morel.

From what I am reading - your new house is meant to be.

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
lupinfarm said:
Actually it's not tire kicking at all...I am learning so much through this! It is God's way of making everything come together. Seriously, I was so disapointed, but i just stood firm in my faith and asked Him to show me what He is doing...I have a very clear picture now and I am more confidant than ever that everything is coming together in a much better way. Chateaux Morel is still breaking ground and my finances aren't tied up into it...how much better can it get?
I love your positive perspective Morel! Something wonderful must be on its way for you. Please keep us posted!

TTs Chicks

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Morel - your faith and positive outlook are inspiring. I wish I consistently had that much faith.