Morel's Country Cottage Wow! What a weekend! Fires, chemical spills

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
WOWZA!!!! :ep In today's real estate market, that is indeed an accomplishment! Just a testiment to the beauty of your home, Morel! ;)

I bet you are tickled pink! :weee

I hope my mom's place sells as quickly...... :fl

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh geez Morel, when you were talking about selling your house before you made it sound like it had been on the market for a month! Whiner! :p Ours was on the market for about a week as well before being sold. I wish you a stress-free closing!

Henrietta23

Yard Farmer
Reaction score
I'm so happy for you! We have friends who just sold their house that had been on the market for almost 3 years. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. Soooo glad you didn't go through anything like that! :cool:

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Ahhh, I am going to miss it in alot of ways...but I won't miss the work! My backyard on the other house is going to be a landscaping nightmare...but i met my neighbor today and we were talking about different things...they think it would be really cool if i actually had a henhouse there! Haha! They want fresh eggs. They are moving from the country to the town too:>)

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Wow that builder is quick...things move fast when we pray! The plans are complete and they are breaking ground on the build today! The site is staked and ready to go. Today i am going to go over there and save alot of the rock for future landscaping. I have to post a pic of the property on here...need some ideas. The front of the property is like a rock cliff, about 5 feet high. The driveway will be going up the one side of this. The whole lot is pretty much bedrock...very different and I want to really work with that for two reasons...for one I have no choice, and for tow, it will be a no upkeep yard with very little lawn to have to mow! I'm thinking lots of rock gardens and there is a good place to tree in the front yard a bit for privacy.
I am going to try and get pictures today...
It is absolutely amazing how quickly everything happened. When I put the house up for sale I prayed for a quick and easy transition. So far that is exactly how it is happening! I had to sell our house to get started on the new build to be able to be in this year. Winter hits in November here and the basement had to be in and the roof and shingles on by then. The builder assures me that within three weeks from now the roof will be shingled! Wild things happen when we have faith.
Now I am praying for a big one...we have to be out of this house by December 10th. Our build doesn't close until Jan 1st but the builder says he will try really hard to have us in sooner than that. The way it looks we will be homeless for Christmas this year...but I have my Lord on my side and I have faith that He will work it all out for us.
Yesterday when I was at the property the strangest thing happened. I could smell the Bible Camp I went to as a kid. It was so overwhelming that I just knew it was God's blessing on the whole venture. Things will work out! i have a God who takes care of my every need!