Morel's Country Cottage Wow! What a weekend! Fires, chemical spills

Quail_Antwerp

Cold is on the Right, Hot is on The Left
Reaction score
Well, heck yeah! I'd be moving, too!!!!!!! Holy cow! Sewage in your drinking water?! :sick

Congrats on hightailing it back to the sticks!

I bet this was all in God's plan to get you away from the crazy neighbor with the dog that attacked your chickens! :thumbsup

Praying it all goes smoothly for you!!

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
I would buy the big parcel if you can afford to. You can make a good profit selling of the small piece AND you get to pick your neighbors.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well we have been landscaping like crazy, and the backyard is almost finished. The front however, needs to wait for the contractor. We need grass! heehee! We have been hummin and hawing about when to sell, this summer? Next spring? This summer is way too soon because there is too much to do and the HST (new tax) is soon apon us which means that people probably won't be buying for a while, until they used to the idea that if they want to move, they're going to have to pay extra taxes. :th That's Canada...land of the taxes.
We got a new puppy...a chocolate poodle. She's really sweet and quiet. At first I chose her sister, brought her home and didn't get any relief from whining for three days! I mean, if that dog stopped whining for twenty minutes in those three days, that was it! :barnie So I brought her back and traded for her sister...huge difference...this one doesn't whine near as much and actually sleeps through the night! Yah!
Started building a rabbit hutch yesterday...have most of the framing done...today is a rainy day though so we spent most of it inside. I'm getting back one of my Claifornians and tow crosses on Wednesday. Going to try the meat rabbit thing again:>)
The chicken coop (shed) isn't finished yet, so I probably won't have chickens for a while...but they can wait for now I guess. I still have to start a veggie garden. (from scratch...all I have right now is a pile of sand to work with:>) So much to do and so little time to get caught up!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
The rabbit hutch is done, it's a double decker outdoor hutchand I will be housing two Californian does and a buck. They are coming in Saturday! The shed is almost complete and I will be using a corner for a few hens...the neighbors all seem to be warming up to the idea so i am going to do it! I am well on my way to becoming an urban homesteader! LOL!
This weekend I will be working on my raised beds for my vegie garden...still kind of thinking about that one...not sure yet if I will need fencing around it. I am pretty sure i will however.
Busy place here this spring...I am really trying to set my ind to the idea that sometimes you have to bloom where you're planted and just look at the bright side...

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You have to bloom where your planted and look at the bright side??? humm, that gives me something to think about.

Congrats on the puppy, rabbit/chicken projects. Sounds like your right back in the swing of things.

:thumbsup

gina

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Remember this is what we started with this spring...

29v1enb.jpg

This is what we've been up too...my coop is in the making...the rabbit pen is complete...the greenhouse is up...and then it snowed!

15z5vkp.jpg

919n9j.jpg

2nlw5t.jpg

kcsunshine

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Morel, do you have solid floors in the rabbit hutches? That's a lot of cleaning to do. Ours have wire floors. Those hutches look really great.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
No, the floors are simple 2x4 construction with the cages placed right on top...the top portion has a 'drip tray" running under it at the same angle as the roof to catch droppings and shoot them out the backside, so the bunnies underneath stay clean too, and I can pressure wash it all for a good cleaning once a week so the neighbors don't ever complain about smells:>)

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
Looks like a beautiful property, I love all the trees!

It sounds like you have been super busy....got puppy pix?

Latest posts