Morel's Country Cottage Wow! What a weekend! Fires, chemical spills

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
60x290...pretty big actually for being in a subdivision. I think the front is going to be very similar...alot of bedrock

lupinfarm

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh...my... that is a lot of rock! I don't envy those who live above highway 7 up here, at all! As lovely as the rock is, when you're driving through northern Ontario it gets old reeeeal fast LOL.

I thought I had my rock problems here! Eep.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Oh, Morel, that is going to be very fun to landscape...the rock is beautiful and I can see where some really cool water features could be added. If your greenhouse turns out anything like your house and your previous home, it will most likely look like it belongs right there in that rugged landscape.

Lot's of potential for some very artistic creations!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Yes! It is alot of rock...I've been walking around the neighborhood though and there are some really great landscaping ideas for it that look aboslutly wonderful! I am going to have to be very creative about vegie gardens...but the flowers will be like an artists paintbrush...I can see it all in my mind, just have to move enough rock and soil to make it happen!! Hubby helped me move more boulders today...and we put in the base of 6x6's for the greenhouse. It will fit right in...next week I should have pics to show you all:>) Can't wait to get my shed up and order some laying hens!

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Well, we've been here for a total of 9 weeks I think and have decided that town is NOT for us! So we are going to finish up the landscaping and head back out to where we really belong...the country! DH has agreed to move us back out there! YES! I hate seeing 10 neighbors backyards from my deck! I want chickens and goats and anything else that would make life more worth living everyday....a reason to get up in the morning...animals have a way of doing that you know:>)
So DH and I have been looking for property...and today we struck a goldmine! Whoo-Hoo! A friend told us about it and gave us the owners name...it's not really for sale, but it is! 85 acres with a small lake/pond, (about 2 acres big) cleared with the sweetest little road in...and a spot that is primed and ready to build a house! We plan on building the exact same house we are in now, but not as grand. It's going to look much more rustic and be much more simple, and we are going to love it! My son is thrilled with the property. We are going to stock the lake/pond with fish...Oh! The dreams! SS again! We can hunt on the land, it has deer and moose and while we were there the ducks were splashing all over the pond...FOOD! So we are checking into all the particulars and are hoping to get this place done ASAP and buy the land! I can't wait! The only hang up is we gotta sell this place again first :D

gettinaclue

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
WOW! Hope you can get it. I've recently been thinking of what I could do with 10 acres of useable land. I have 3.6 now but only about an acre is usable. Sigh.

That property sounds like heaven.

Good Luck!