Mosquito repellent

angelib1

Power Conserver
Reaction score
We grab a handful of lemon balm when we walk out of the house and rub it on our arms etc. keeps sketos off for quit awile. I wonder if I could make a spray of it? Make a tea or something?

rowdysunsetart

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
If you take a soak the Lemon Balm in water with a 1/2 tsp of alcohol it leeches the oils into the water then spray, the alcohol evaporates. You can also put it tepid water and get the oils out that way to then spray. I love Lemon Balm it smells so wonderful, it is also good for a tea and calms the nerves along with several other uses...:/

rowdysunsetart

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
yes to get out the natural oils, I put it in a plastic bag, then roll it with a rolling pen, put a little warm water and transfer it to a clean jar.

Frosting

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Back to the Listerine, I've been using it for those nasty little knats. It works well with them. I spray the top of my head and my arms and I don't get bitten by them. If I don't spray, they eat me alive.

rowdysunsetart

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Frosting said:
Back to the Listerine, I've been using it for those nasty little knats. It works well with them. I spray the top of my head and my arms and I don't get bitten by them. If I don't spray, they eat me alive.
sorry didnt mean to intrude!:( I used to use Listerine in the desert with knats, I know it works well too....