mouth ulcers?

Crusty McPottydoodle

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Lesa said:
Hi everyone! First post here. I have been lurking for awhile (over on BYC, and TEG). Just had to share this info. DH was plagued with these sores. Really made his life miserable. Yes, the L-Lysine helped, but changing to a toothpaste without SLS, (sodium laurel sulfate), absolutely changed his life. He rarely has a problem, and if he does it is very, very minor. SLS is the ingredient that makes these products foam. It is difficult to find toothpaste without this ingredient. I have to get mine at the health food store and it is stupidly expensive- but believe me, it is the best money you will spend!!
Look what I just found. They are offering a free sample - good for Canada and the USA. They have a little survey to fill out.

https://verveultra.com/catalog/

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
I haven't used toothpaste in years, so that is not my issue... :(

I like the grapefruit seed extract idea....where does one buy that? Whole Foods?

Crusty McPottydoodle

Power Conserver
Reaction score

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have tried a couple different brands of grapefruit seed extract.

There were always problems of one sort or another, messy bottles, droppers that plug.

I use Nutrabiotics brand and the best price I have found is here

www.iherb.com

in fact they are almost always the best price on any supplement they sell and they sell a lot of things

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
Thanks everyone! I have been eating really badly lately :hide with all the running around we've been doing trying to get everything done on the house. Seems like we eat fast food all the time cause we're never home for dinnertime.

I've tried L-lysine before and it helped some but took a while. I may go back to brushing with baking soda....I fell off the wagon and started using toothpaste again.

I also may see if I can find some of the grapefruit seed extract......gonna make some soap anyway so I may as well go on and get it!

The one I have now is on my gum and all my bottom teeth are in agony from it. I hate canker sores, I've never gotten sores on the outside of my mouth (knock on wood) but always on the inside. I have had 2 back to back this past week and it just seems that as soon as I get rid of one I get another. Hopefully these suggestions will help! Thanks again!

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
If you cut out that nasty fast food deal they probably will go away. Your body is crying for real food!

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I know, I know, you're preachin' to the choir sista!!! :D

Lalaith

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I second (or third) the grapefruit seed oil. You can also make a mouthwash from purple sage which has antiseptic properties and is great for your gums too.

For the mouthwash: pour boiling water over a handful of chopped sage flowers, leaves, and stems. Let steep 20 minutes. Strain and cool. Pour into a clean container and store in the icebox up to three days.

To use: take two tablespoons and swish around in your mouth twice a day. Do not swallow.

Feel better :)

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
I put some peroxide on it last night and it feels a little better this morning. Gonna try to find some grapefruit seed oil today while I'm out.