Moved away from Mainstream (medicine)

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I have read that in more than one place. I have done a lot of study about vitamin D over the past year. Since I react to flu shots (hot burning lump at injection site), I wont be getting it anyway. I will, however, be keeping my cabinet stocked with vitamin D.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
I figured that you would like that, beings how your the vit D nut, respectfully speaking of course.

rowdysunsetart

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
Wildsky said:
Now I guess this post could cause some heated reply's.

Anyone not Vaccinate their children?

My children are 9 and almost 5, they have not been vaccinated, not been on antibitics or anything like that. (nothing stronger than a pain killer - and only my son (9yr) has had those)

My son is 9 - he's been to a medical doctor twice, once at 2 weeks and once at 2 years old.

My daughter almost 5, was born at home, and has never seen a medical doctor.

:D
GOOD FOR YOU!!! If anyone give you a bad time tell them to do their homework! Read Dr. Mendlesons book Confession of a medical Heritic he was a doctor that proved that vaccines were bad and was murdered for it! If they dont see your the smart one here, that is because they were roped in to believing the vaccines are good for the kids when the truth is they are money makers and outdated! The majority of diseases with children including autisum is caused by the medical crap the doctors try to shove down our throats, I raised both my daughters with herbs and natural remedies and hardly ever had to deal with hospitals but it was a battle with the schools and doctors who were trying to make money off of my kids! I studied years on the subject and fought and won several battles not giving in to outdated concepts of stupidity laid out by the medical association! Again I say Good for you! And before I get bombarded with comments from non believers...do your homework first...please.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
I was reading this article in A Grain of Salt;

'Leading Surgeon Advices Against Flu Vaccine;

Dr. Donald Miller, a cardiac surgeon and Professor of Surgery at the University of Washington, recommends avoiding the flu shot and taking vitamin D instead. According to Dr. Miller, "Seventy percent of doctors do not get a flu shot." Health officials say that every winter 36,000 people will die from the flu. But the National Vital Statistics Reports compiled by the CDC show that only 1,138 deaths a year occur due to influenza alone -- more than 34,000 of the "36,000" flu deaths are actually pneumonic and cardiovascular deaths. There is also a lack of evidence that young children benefit from flu shots. In fact, a systematic review of 51 studies involving 260,000 children age 6 to 23 months found no evidence that the flu vaccine is any more effective than a placebo. But there is also a risk of harm from the flu vaccine itself, particularly from the mercury, aluminum, and formaldehyde in may contain.'

I thought it was rather interestin.
I was asked by probably three nurses when I was in the hospital if I had had the flu shot, and when I answered no, I didn't believe in it, two of them said they didn't get it and didn't believe in it either.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
The stats on how many doctors and nurses who DON'T get the flu shot is pretty telling.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
My daughter is in the "high risk group" that has to get the shot even when it is in limited supply. She has a heart defect and severe asthma.

I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place when it comes to mainstream medicine.

I was raised on natural remedies and chose to do so with my own daughter. (I gave birth to her underwater with no medication using a midwife.)

Then we found out she had two holes in her heart. One is now closed and the other was patched through surgery, but her heart is still twice its normal size.

She has had pneumonia over 13 times...I stopped counting. She gets it about once a year, sometimes twice.

Her new doctor is suggesting that she get a pneumonia shot as well. What do you do? :barnie

I myself do NOT get flu shots. In fact I hadn't been to the dr. in over 12 years except the obgyn for check ups.

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
My daughter is in the "high risk group" that has to get the shot even when it is in limited supply. She has a heart defect and severe asthma.

I feel stuck between a rock and a hard place when it comes to mainstream medicine.

I was raised on natural remedies and chose to do so with my own daughter. (I gave birth to her underwater with no medication using a midwife.)

Then we found out she had two holes in her heart. One is now closed and the other was patched through surgery, but her heart is still twice its normal size.

She has had pneumonia over 13 times...I stopped counting. She gets it about once a year, sometimes twice.

Her new doctor is suggesting that she get a pneumonia shot as well. What do you do? :barnie

I myself do NOT get flu shots. In fact I hadn't been to the dr. in over 12 years except the obgyn for check ups.
My DH, organ transplant patient, has to get them and has had the pneumonia shot. They told me I should get a flu shot to protect him. It is such a dilemma and guilt trip.
I said no, Haven't had the flu since...I can't recall.

I got a cold last winter and so did he, so they are right about him contracting what I get. If he has the shot, then he wouldn't get that flu from me, but if I contracted a flu he wasn't immunized for he would get that anyways. I don't see how I win on this with or without a flu shot for myself. Still going with no. (This was me thinking out loud.)

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
sylvie said:
big brown horse said:

My DH, organ transplant patient, has to get them and has had the pneumonia shot. They told me I should get a flu shot to protect him. It is such a dilemma and guilt trip.
I said no, Haven't had the flu since...I can't recall.

I got a cold last winter and so did he, so they are right about him contracting what I get. If he has the shot, then he wouldn't get that flu from me, but if I contracted a flu he wasn't immunized for he would get that anyways. I don't see how I win on this with or without a flu shot for myself. Still going with no. (This was me thinking out loud.)
I feel your dilemma! I live it too.

I was never told to get a flu shot along with her though. :/